New MK Nighttime show "Disney Enchantment" and EPCOT Harmonious to premiere October 1st

I was under the impression that there would be no HEA on boo bash dates.
I assumed, I didn’t read that anywhere.

Frankly I’m just happy he has PANTS and not that weird not-shorts-not-pants length his birthday outfit was. THOSE bottom clothes were HORRID.

HEA will happen on Boo Bash dates, prior to the park closing for non-BB guests: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/happily-ever-after/news/15jun2021-disneys-fireworks-plans-for-july-4-and-disney-after-hours-boo-bash.htm

2 Likes

Here’s my issue with Harmonious. Wind. The moment it is windy it’s going to be a mess. Even without the wind it looks like a mess in the concept art! But when it’s windy aside from water blowing everywhere whatever patterns they’re going for, water curtains, etc will just be a mess. I would love to know who thought this thing (especially the permanent barges in the lagoon) was a good idea.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t worry. Disney plans to install giant fans all around the perimeter of the lake to counteract any effects of natural wind in the area… :wink:

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

9 Likes

I think I’m so traumatized by the very mention of those things that I completely glossed over that pic. Now that I see it I still effing hate it. I don’t care how many nostalgic songs they throw in there I am just not going to like that show.

:sob::sob::sob: RIP

3 Likes

I never got to see HEA. I’ll have to watch it on video instead.

I loved Wishes and was upset when they replaced it.

2 Likes

I loved Wishes, we missed it on our last but one trip and I was so upset it had been replaced before our last trip. I watched videos of HEA and it honestly bored me. But in person I loved it.

1 Like

Ugh. So bummed about HEA. Was hoping to see it in January.

1 Like

My gut feeling is that HEA will be back after the 50th celebration. Maybe they’ll incorporate the Main Street projections into the show if they’re successful, but it would feel strange if such a beloved show had such a short run.

Unless Enchantment turns out to be even more popular than HEA… I guess what I’m really saying is I have no clue what’s going on :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I can’t remember which park but I’m pretty sure this was part of the fireworks in Hong Kong I think it was. Where they lit up the whole street. We watched from the park entrance area by the train station. Definitely the best view. I wonder if they’ll start doing viewing parties at that end of Main Street Now like in the center area?

I’m going to wait to reserve judgment, because fireworks shows are so much about the spectacle in the moment, the music, the emotion, the “connection” to the audience, etc… You can’t tell on paper how it’s going to fly.

It’s hard when something you love goes away, but sometimes that’s the only way to get something better and new. It remains to be seen whether it will be better or not, and the answer to that question will determine how we all ultimately feel about the change. I’m wishing and hoping it’s better.

6 Likes

Yep, this is exactly what I say every time people complain about Harmonious. Way too many people in the Disney community start judging before seeing the final product. Wait and see what the imagineers cooked up for us and then make judgements.

1 Like

IDK. The pics just keep getting worse and worse. :joy:

6 Likes

To be fair, I do think there is more to go on with Harmonious, and it’s fair to criticize the rigging itself since it’s already in place. However, I’m withholding judgment on the show itself till I see it or at least hear first-hand reports after it debuts.

4 Likes

I understand being critical of the rigging, it’s enormous. But if the show is every bit as amazing as say it will be I can be more forgiving of it.

1 Like

isn’t it going to be a fountain during the day so we don’t have to see the barges? that does make it somewhat better if that’s so.

1 Like

I’m not sure all the water in Niagara Falls could hide those barges lol.

7 Likes