New MK Nighttime show "Disney Enchantment" and EPCOT Harmonious to premiere October 1st

When leaving the dessert party, you deal with the crowds anyway. And it would open some space for people to spread out on the hub area more. Main Street was the biggest issue.

1 Like

Yes. But that’s true, no matter what. (Although, our hope/plan was to do the After fireworks party, not the Before fireworks party.) What I hated was the having to line up an hour before the fireworks started to find a spot, only to have the people shove you from where you were, etc. (Yes…it happened to us.)

That happens in the dessert party as well. People outside the fence would stand in front of those behind the fence. People inside the viewing area would also jockey around. We still waited early to get a decent spot. We just had a little more room to spread out.

1 Like

It didn’t say that explicitly, did it?

Wrong. Projections are everything. Even @ryan1 agrees with me. I’m very meh about fireworks. And I actively despise them if they’re anywhere near animals I care about. Besides, no firework display can ever be better than the Christmas ending to IllumiNations. I will remember that for the rest of my life. I was quite sure I was having a heart attack.

Correct. AK needs something cool. Well, in addition to the nighttime Tree of Life stuff, which is cool. This new thing looks promising.

You beat me to it. I was going to say, it looks like a hot mess. Not worth the grotesque scarring of World Showcase at all.

As for the new thing at MK, I know you people are too closed-minded to ever visit UOR, but they do a projections show on Hogwart’s Castle and it’s awesome and fairly short and repeated a number of times every night and the crowds are not insane and you don’t have to stake out a spot for an hour or pay for a dessert party. Just sayin.

4 Likes

I hope dessert parties hang around. Being able to guarantee a spot for your party, when you have a lot riding on their trip experience, is nice.

Projections mean squat if you can’t see them.

2 Likes

UOR cleverly put their castle on a hill, so everyone can see it no matter where they are.

4 Likes

This is how I always felt too. With “Wishes”, we were mostly looking at the sky, which is what you should be looking at for fireworks shows. Also, (I don’t mean to offend anyone here…), but if you get a “shoulder kid” in front of you (which we always seem to do :slightly_smiling_face:), it’s not so much of a problem.

4 Likes

Right, which is why HEA failed on that level. Too much focus on castle projections that not everyone can see. Thank you for agreeing with me.

YES!!! or hahaha a “swaying tall guy” I’m STILL infuriated by that one idiot who blocked the castle during the halloween party.

1 Like

So the important thing would be whether the show can stand on it’s own as a fireworks show, so those people who can’t/don’t want to be in the prime locations can still enjoy it.

I think they have done well with HEA in that regard. I was able to view it super close where the projections took center stage, super far where the fireworks took center stage, and right on that teeny little rise on the walkway from Main Street into the hub where it all came together as a beautiful piece with both able to be fully appreciated.

Hopefully this new thing will offer this same variable experience.

Of course, for the one-timer they will want to be in whatever comes to be known as the best viewing location.

4 Likes

Agreed. I actually never saw HEA without attending a dessert party. Except — ahem — when I saw it from the VIP viewing spot at the end of the VIP tour I went on. That spot is even better than the dessert party spot.

Projections are cheaper in the long run than fireworks.

You need to constantly buy new fireworks, primarily from potentially unreliable overseas sources while the projections cost almost nothing after the initial cost to create them.

Also putting projections onto Main Street helps spread out the crowd across the MK. If there are different vantage points that give you a different experience, this also creates more demand as people come back for multiple viewings of the same show so they can experience it from the different vantage points.

1 Like

Gosh I can’t imagine that they would pare it down much. They are known for the show they put on in the sky. I can see that being a small consideration, but it had better not take over their thinking!

They do projections on Main Street at Disneyland, so if they’re kind of the same as those, this won’t be a problem. The projections aren’t different on Main Street and they’re still better on the castle. In front of the castle will still be prime viewing, but now folks all down Main Street can at least see something.

1 Like

…you trying to guest star on today’s episode of “Ryan’s Stream of Consciousness…”? Cause he’s a jealous star. He’ll cut you. :rofl:

EDIT: oh i see you edited your post after the fact so it doesn’t sound like a random factoid about “projections are cheap” hahaha

1 Like

Deadly mechanical octopus alien.

2 Likes

Ah yes. That I definitely get from that.

It looks more and more like Ursula the closer they get to The Big Reveal

2 Likes

Next to the Eye of Sauron.

Now you know.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Wow. That brings me way back!

GI Joe woulda been the better drop. :wink:

1 Like