New Dessert Parties for HEA

Yes, I get that. I also should say that it’s a million times easier as a solo traveler. I walked up to the hub literal seconds before HEA started on one of my solo trips, driving fast and taking chances on my way from the airport and making it in the nick of time.

And if I ever get my extended family to come for a trip (why is that so hard?!?!) I will definitely want them to have a premium experience. Still not sure that’s a dessert party, but equally not sure it’s in front of Casey’s last minute either.

I think with the return of HEA this will be the situation more often than not for a little while. Because yay for HEA!

2 Likes

h’oh yeah. :weary:

Quite. Though there will be parts of enchantment I’ll miss.

1 Like

I’m SO excited for Julia to see it on one of its first nights back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am too, but only to a certain extent. If the dessert parties were $200/head, that would be an extra $1000 for us. HARD NO.

ETA - it’s still a hard no from me at their current price. :smiley:

1 Like

Same

I guess for me, it’s worth paying more for something that is more premium.
Otherwise it’s not worth paying even a little more

Ah, case in point: Remy dining on the Dream. 100% worth every single penny I paid for that experience. Easily and without question the pinnacle dining experience of my life to date.

Palo? Really nice, great food, and we had a sort of VIP room that kind of elevated it all the more. Otherwise, I’m not sure it’s worth the upcharge, not sure if I would do it again. It was not premium enough even though it was less expensive.

1 Like

I think I’m the same. I’d consider Remy, but cheap desserts and an off-center viewing area won’t cut it for me!

1 Like

The price point is what gets me when multiplied. Meaning, for myself, it might be worth the $100. But when it becomes $400 for my family, I just feel like there are things I would rather do with that $400.

NOW, I say this from the (lucky) perspective of 1: having done a dessert party when the kids were still kids in WDW’s eyes (think, cheaper); and 2: Having seen the fireworks shows enough times to have had that chef’s kiss moment…

If this was my one trip for the next few years… maybe my perspective would change.

As it is, I am ponying up the same $400 for an after hours event at DHS, so… I don’t have much to talk about! Hahahah

1 Like

I found them all very, very underwhelming when we did it last year. Whereas the ones we used to do in DLR were amazing! That is what I was expecting.

…DLR has desert parties? And something I should be trying…should I ever get out there?

good info to have.

Yes! The World Of Color one is worth it for the chair.

We did one for Paint the Night that was also amazing but since that parade is gone I can’t speak to what’s in its place. It was a full charcuterie and dessert with a front row table and chairs spot for the parade.

3 Likes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :slight_smile: :thinking:

1 Like

The World of Color one is also worth it if you’re short…and pick the tall tables. You get to see everything from back there and up that high. Instead of a buffet you get a server who brings you a huge box of goodies and alcoholic beverages (or non) by request. Like an actual table service restaurant.

The one for the fireworks in Disneyland I don’t recommend as much from Tomorrowland because while it’s nice for the quiet peaceful table that you can come and go from, I had to wait an hour standing up to get my quick service food and cart it myself across tomorrowland and up the giant ramp. They did have drinks upstairs though…no alcohol from what I remember. But you don’t get the projections from up there so it’s nice if you plan to see the fireworks more than once for a different perspective but you also don’t get the frikkin music which come on…they can totally pipe that in?

Fantasmic is also worth it if you’re gonna eat in one of those restaurants anyway and they even have the quick service one but I had front row sitting down seating with the Blue Bayou one. The ground is cold but Blue Bayou is excellent food and my view of the show was excellent.

1 Like

HARD AGREE—I can’t wait. Enchantment was a heap of poopeh (I hope people have watched Ted Lasso to get this :joy:). HEA is perfect. We’re going in 43 days and I’m so excited it’ll be back.

Also erm… we are going to do the dessert party. But mostly because @Keith718 is fancy and likes knowing he has a dedicated place to be, without showing up hours ahead of time. (And let’s be real, I also very much appreciate this…)

Gasp! They don’t have ice cream anymore?!

5 Likes

It is the start of a new trend. Every time WDW closes an attraction for a refurb they can call it “New!” when it reopens. New paint for the queue at Space Mountain … a new attraction opening in Tomorrowland!

2 Likes

Totally. Just as long as you remember you’re paying $84 for the seat and $5 for the “desserts,” youll love it

3 Likes

I just tried to book a fireworks cruise and saw that it’s going under refurb.

From March 30 through July 5, 2023, Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise will be closed for refurbishment.

And I couldn’t find the Epcot one, though honestly, I didn’t look too hard. My dance card is filling up a lot quicker this trip somehow :face_with_monocle:

That’s the group cruise - they might still be offering the private cruise. I’m not sure what you were looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, we are there, too. Kids are 14, 12, 9 this trip.

Exactly why we paid for the party last time!

I’m definitely waffling on whether I want to do it or not. We’re not frequent visitors, so being out in the crowd looking for a spot where our kids will be able to see by the time the fireworks start makes me nervous. I also don’t want to have to stake out a spot super early. Being able to sit down and relax in the fenced area while we waited for the show was really great.

2 Likes

Ooh so this raises an interesting point though: When you say party you mean dessert party. But my mind goes to the other parties and after-hours events that are offered. Those tickets, which get you a lot more than a spot to see fireworks and some questionably good desserts, are more expensive - but not by a lot, really - and carry greater value than these dessert parties.

I feel more motivated to do MVMCP, MNSSHP, or an After Hours event than ever before when doing a side-by-side comparison

(obviously this only works if you’re visiting during a time when those are offered and I get that not everyone will be able to do that)

3 Likes

This is a really good observation. I’ve never been to one of the big parties, and I was calling the dessert party a “party” because it’s in the name. It doesn’t make me think of the other type of party.