New Dessert Parties for HEA

It is extra exciting since it means Enchatrash is over

2 Likes

I disagree about the parties. I once did one with my momma and we had nice spacing in the lawn and ditto with my fam on a previous trip. Both times leaving it was packed out there. I get extreme anxiety from touching strangers and start hyperventilating, etc so for me itā€™s very much worth the money for the space. Yes the snacks arenā€™t amazing but theyā€™re not bad either. And I enjoyed just sitting with my family relaxing a bit. Iā€™ve never done treats and seats though. I was gonna in Dec but life and death had other plans. Maybe next time. But I definitely prefer the grassy knoll to being packed like sardines.

3 Likes

The party is a nice splurge when you have kids that are too short to see past other people in a crowd. That was my justification when I did it.

3 Likes

Does booking for these open at midnight? Typically

Dessert party fan here. We did one onceā€“my kids felt special, and it was just very nice. I want to do another for DD6, since she doesnā€™t remember the other one.

1 Like

I am planning to do one - we planned to do one pre-Covid and then had to cancel that trip. Now that my daughter is older she can handle the later nights a bit better. I had a total planning fail and could only get BBB at 4:45 p.m. on our last night there lol, so I thought maybe doing the Dessert Party would be something fun we could do while sheā€™s all decked out.

3 Likes

That sounds nice :blush:.

2 Likes

The Dessert (after-)parties are fantasticā€¦ knowing you donā€™t need to gamble on a spot and/or throw elbows for a viewing spot lifts a giant weight off you. If the park immediately closes after fireworks (and you have the after-party), it allows you a wonderful opportunity to relax as the mass exodus plays out while you enjoy some desserts.

But for the cost, they could be a lot better.

1. Move the viewing space. For $100+ a head, the space should circle the Partners statue. This ā€œoff to the sideā€ view is stupid because the fireworks are misaligned slightly, and for anyone not able to stand up to at least 5 feet tall (wheelchairs, kids, ECV users, strollers, etcā€¦), you end up missing the projections. ā€“ For the average visitor, none of this is a big deal, but againā€¦if Iā€™m PAYING for a viewā€¦it should be a premium view, especially if I have to stand.

2. I donā€™t think the food is the problem, itā€™s the serving setup that is. Tiny plates, tinier samplings. Gimme a standard plate so I donā€™t have to get up every 4 minutes to get a new serving would be much better. It also would help on the trip back to table as it wouldnā€™t feel like a balancing act of circus-like proportions. And do away with the super-tiny-samplings. Things can/should be small but not ā€œgone in a biteā€ small.

3. Bring back the Ice Cream. (I might be a tad biased here).

10 Likes

All good suggestions, especially adjusting the premium view. I do remember this being an issue, but I knew it going in so I wasnā€™t terribly bothered. Could it be better? Oh yeah, for sure.

Iā€™m with you on the ice cream too. It makes everyone in my family happy.

3 Likes

honestly, if they would move the view to the Statue, they could raise the price to $150 a head and Iā€™d be like ā€œworth it.ā€ without an issue. Honestlyā€¦maybe even $200.

Itā€™s definitely not something Iā€™d spend money on ALL the time and Iā€™d certainly lament them being so expensive, but I look at the parties as a safety-net. If I absolutely want to ensure a good viewing experience for my party, an extra $200 (on top of the already insane cost of a disney trip) is a no brainer. Especially if I know I donā€™t have to race to the spot or stake it out for 2+ hours.

Itā€™s like buying Genie+. I donā€™t like it, and i donā€™t want to, but if I want to maximize my experience, Iā€™m forkinā€™ over the cash.

EDIT: also, if they do raise it to those prices, the food offering will DEFINITELY need to be upgraded.

2 Likes

I feel similarly.

1 Like

Never done this, but definitely would be willing to with my wife at a future trip. I despise crowdsā€¦and the crowds for the fireworks are insane. This would make it enjoyable for me. When we watched the fireworks at the Christmas party, it was refreshing to have space around usā€¦first time I think I ever really enjoyed a fireworks show at Disney.

2 Likes

Itā€™s trash.

4 Likes

100%

You like ice cream?? Huh. Learn something new each day!

3 Likes

Iā€™m an enigma wrapped in a mystery coated with a question.

5 Likes

This is interesting. I have a thread going about how much does savings need to be before itā€™s worth the effort. Because I wonā€™t work hard for minimal savings. Which seems to mean I am willing to just pay more if itā€™s easier. And I even said in most cases I would rather skip an experience than pay for a slightly lesser experience - Iā€™m happy to pay more.

So why wonā€™t I pay for a dessert party?

I suppose itā€™s the time commitment involved, the (IMO) sub-par food and drink options (based on reviews and experiences with other WDW sweets), and as you point out the not premium viewing location.

I think if those things were resolved Iā€™d be all in. So Iā€™ll just wait for now.

2 Likes

Wow.

Youā€™re like, a lot.

3 Likes

I think youā€™re right if you donā€™t have anxiety. But for people with mental health or cognitive issues itā€™s worth it even with the nothing to write home about treats and the sideways view (with a light post in the way too)

1 Like

Oh for sure! There is a group of people for whom this is a way to experience the show that they would otherwise miss out on.

Edited: but also, I have several times snagged a spot, not elbow to elbow, just behind the garden viewing areasā€¦ for FREE. And brought a snack of my choice that was not $100 (even ice cream :wink: )

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the ā€œgambleā€ side of the equation though. That isnā€™t ensured and when it happens, itā€™s fantastic, but you canā€™t plan for and around that.

An example is my last trip, I was able to get plaza ice cream (even standing in line) 2 minutes before show start and when I came out of the store, they were directing people down toward the partners statue (I decided not to go that far, but I did get fairly close). But the time before that, I couldnā€™t get anything past the train station area

1 Like