New Barbecue Restaurant at American Pavilion

See, THAT’D be cool. And they could offer a “regional sampler”

This all sounds like on the same level as “Philly Cheesesteaks” … my heart breaks every time someone outside the area tries to “recreate” it.

The grill section? Of your oven? What? Are you talking about a broiler? A grill is located outside your home in your yard (garden).

1 Like

BBQ is meat cooked slowly with low heat. Some BBQ is cooked directly over the heat and some in a hole in the ground. Smoke may or may not be a part of the process.

I have no idea! I don’t know what a broiler is. Outside in the garden, we call the thing you cook with, over charcoal, a barbecue. We say we are barbecuing when we cook with it, and we’re having a barbecue when we’re intending to cook with it.

In our oven we can either use it as an oven to roast, bake etc or we can grill, which doesn’t heat up the whole oven, just the elements at the top.

Edit - ok I’ve googled it. Yes, broiling would be grilling here.

5 Likes

Everyone is wrong. BBQ is the pulled pork that is seasoned and you are given a huge selection of sauces to choose from for you to put on your pulled pork in the amounts that you want them . Mild & Sweet all the way to flaming hot. I like to mix and match. :slight_smile: I like hot, but, alas, my digestive system isn’t too fond of it.

That’s how the new restaurant should do it. That way you can test the various sauces with the pulled pork, chicken, or whatever types of meat they have.

1 Like

You guys realize this is WDW, right?
It’s probably going to have over priced, fair to middlin’ versions of:
Carolina style pulled pork
Texas Brisket
KC Ribs
California Tri-Tip
And a grilled chicken breast sandwich.

Sugar laden slaw
Sugar laden potato salad
mac and cheese single serve portions
Baked potatoes
Baked Beans
and roasted chicken leg meals for kids.

At best, we can hope that they have some Southern Prides so they can set it and forget it, and hopefully the brisket will be edible. I love all styles of BBQ, but when done right, Texas Brisket is out of this world. If you’ve never had jiggly, wiggly unctuous, juicy, smoked, brisket, then you are not yet sure about what Texas Brisket really is. It’s not dried up jerky. I’ve had so many versions of “Texas Brisket” in other parts of the counrty that the pitmaster is obviously out of their league with. Some do it right, of course, but, when you get the good stuff…DAMN. I have no quarrel with Carolina cue, Chicago Aquarium cue, KC, Memphis…TRUST ME. I love it all, but Texas Brisket is just crazy when you get the right stuff.

1 Like

Me too! That’s one of our favorites. Even if not for a full meal we can’t go to EPCOT and not at the very least share a serving of their loaded nachos as a snack.

I’m excited about what this could be. Honestly, I’ve enjoyed Liberty Inn in the past. We ate there relatively frequently because it had food that our kids would eat. They had some sandwiches that I liked. They weren’t truly unique and special and I think that’s why people don’t care for it, but I always enjoyed whatever I got there.

I think this provides a nice opportunity. I hope they do get a little more creative with the menu and since this restaurant represents the USA in WS, it would be awesome if they did try to present some BBQ styles and flavors from across the country. But even if it is just generic Disney QS BBQ like Flame Tree, I’d be fine with that… It’s another good option to choose from that isn’t burgers and chicken strips.

Different area of the world. Torch doesn’t mean the same thing to Brits and Yanks, either.

What does it mean in the US??

A stick with a flame on it. Can be handheld or stuck in the ground (a Tiki torch).

The handheld light that runs on batteries is a flashlight.

1 Like

1 Like

We call them both a torch.

I think Seabee has it right. Maybe a chopped beef sandwich instead of the brisket.

Now what good would that be in the UK? Sure, for a few days a year. But most of the time we plan on a BBQ, we end up having to do it indoors!

1 Like

Not the best joke to crack today! The hottest day of the year so far, and the hottest June day since 1976 — the year of the drought, you may remember.

2 Likes

Ummmm, that would be yesterday.

Here we had a scorcher this morning. Now having thunder and lightning and heavy rain. Heavy enough for me to think it was hail.

1 Like

Yes! They’re huge! Big enough to share for sure.

wasn’t it just a year or 2 ago that your roads were melting?

Yep it was much hotter here today than yesterday but it’s pouring down now. No bbq for us this evening!

1 Like