New Barbecue Restaurant at American Pavilion

I’m excited for something new here that is uniquely American.

9 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

America has been the ,low point of WS food for years (except maybe for La Cantina, and Lotus Flower).

3 Likes

Hey, I like La Cantina!

1 Like

I have the lowest and weakest spice tolerance ever so I avoid La Cantina. Haven’t been to Lotus Flower, yet. But I was always disappointed that the offerings in the American Pavilion were so generic and easily available anywhere in Disney.

Hey, I like Lotus! (And it’s Lotus Blossom, not Lotus Flower!)

Very excited about this. For us, the American pavilion has been the absolute low point of World Showcase food wise since…well, forever. Apart from during F&WF and F&GF. This could only be a step in the right direction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish Disney would stop making everything better. It makes it really hard to stop going back.

I’m tremendously excited by this restaurant, which I think will be enormously popular.

3 Likes

My son has so many food allergies that WS has always been a pain to navigate around mealtimes. His best QS options have been in FW and that has affected our TP… I’m hopeful we will have better options here!

1 Like

Totally depends on what they are going to be calling barbecue.

Yes, I am a snob about it and Carolina-style pulled pork is the only true kind. And none of that ketchup-like sauce either. A vinegar-based sauce only.

3 Likes

I’m a pessimist so I’m assuming it will be very similar to flame tree bbq

4 Likes

Carolina version sounds awful to me.

4 Likes

Now, now, vinegar plays an important role in BBQ. You can use it to clean the dishes when you’re done! :wink:

2 Likes

As a Kansas City native, them’s fightin words

1 Like

In order to settle the “which BBQ is best”, I suggest each of you buy all of us food that exemplifies your native preferred style. After we try them all, we can settle this in the most American way possible. Give everyone a blue ribbon and celebrate the win(s) with some BBQ eats!

1 Like

My favorite sauce from the store is Sweet Baby Ray’s, so whatever that is closest to is what I like best.

2 Likes

My DS9 practically lives on the stuff. Any food he would otherwise find not palatable he douses with Sweet Baby Ray’s. Which is almost everything, it seems!

2 Likes

Have you found it in the gallon or half-gallon jug yet?

They sell that at Gordon’s Food Service, but we just buy it from Aldi in the large (smaller) bottle.

Actually, Aldi just recently started selling their knock-off version of it. I’ve been nervous to try it. It would save us a bit of money, and typically the Aldi versions of things are quite comparable to their name-brand counterparts…but BBQ sauce is quite nuanced.

1 Like

It is amazing!! Much better than beef with glorified ketchup they call barbecue in Texas. Lol.