New 30% Discount on Galactic Starcruiser for Disney Visa Card Holders

I went back and drudged up my old calculation of what a GSC stay is worth vs. what they charge. With a 30% discount, the $5,999 in this chart would be $4,200, so “only” about ~$300 more than the sum of its components (still being a bit generous, but also not adjusted for inflation on these items).

7 Likes

I don’t know if I’d equate show tickets to the experience on the ship. It’s many more hours long.

Also add another meal for lunch on check in day. And there are snacks and drinks on the ship included as well.

2 Likes

We were able to eat lunch on the Halcyon on Batuu day and then get our dinner paid for at qs (CR) on the last day.

1 Like

This is the hardest part to value and it’s probably how they justify internally what they are charging. But keep in mind Cursed Child is about 6 hours long (or was …), and also we didn’t really know how extensive the character interactions would be throughout the day when I made this. It sounded like it would just be during the evening mostly.

4 Likes

Those purple, white and pink “rocks” were very yummy and dangerous!! :yum:

2 Likes

Yup, I think it’s more than 6 hours of entertainment. I was doing stuff till 11pm that first night cuz even after I put on my PJ’s my phone buzzed at me to go on a mission. So even allotting 3 hours to meals (of course the meal also comes with entertainment) that’s about 7 hours the first day alone. I guess you could say the stuff you’re doing the 2nd day is taking away from your DHS time because you board at like 4pm or something early before DHS close so it’s kind of overlap. So it’s close to HP then but add snacks and lunch for sure and the cost of the dinners is probably worth what a dinner show is so what’s Hoop Dee Doo cost?

4 Likes

first Starcruiser thread I found so posting here…

I just watched a couple of videos from the Starcruiser (including the one below from Tim Tracker) and it’s looking rather empty as of recently… :grimacing:

In the last video he said they had only one dinner seating instead of two, and even that one didn’t look full, which sounds like under 50% occupancy. Also the muster made it look like it was less than half full.

This was also an interesting account on how it works with a smaller kid, looked fun!

3 Likes

Man, I LOVE me some Star Wars, but I can’t fathom dropping $4000 for a two-night fake cruise. It should honestly be more in line with actual cruise pricing.

5 Likes

@len Testa said it best on Disney Dish when he got back from the first “cruise” when Galactic Starcruiser first opened about the cost, and he LOVED his first trip on the Halcyon. He said there are a lot of other trips that you can take for $5000, like cruises, trips to Europe, etc, and they can last a lot longer that 2 days. However, after doing all of that and you still want to take in the Galactic Starcruiser, you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

When the Starcruiser was first rumored or in development, I had assumed that this would include some sort of private “all access” to Batuu. Like they would close Batuu at 6pm to regular park guests and then the Starcruiser guests would inhabit it in a much truer, personal experience with all of the characters and the walk around droids and some of the game play aspects. And obviously unlimited rides. I think we might have paid for that because Batuu is very special and the crowds do take something away from it.

But I also 100% need Princess Leia to be involved. Like I’m not paying a dime if we can’t have Luke & Leia. It cannot be that hard. Chewie is good, but not enough.

7 Likes

The lower crowd levels make it more attractive to me. The idea of having to fight for attention of the characters (no criticism of the CMs, just the reality) felt a little too close my job where I have to chat people up at large events. And DH is deaf in one ear, and he assumed he just wouldn’t be able to hear half of what was going on.

Smaller crowds change the proposition…

I’m not in - yet.

5 Likes

Yeah, this might be a strike-while-the-iron-is-hot situation.

Or while the iron is still an iron.

6 Likes

Kind of related, I’ve never liked nor understood why they want to distance other content (thinking mainly games and theme parks here) from the familiar SW stories.

I would’ve made Galaxys Edge into Tatooine or Endor or some other familiar planet. I would’ve put a story with either new gen characters (Rey, Poe etc) or old ones (Luke, Han, Chewie) more prominently in MFSR. Same goes for the Starcruiser - Yea I know Rey and Chewie are in there to some extent, but it’s mostly new characters. Somehow I would’ve liked to see it tie in better with the movies.

Kind of the same thing with SW games - I’d like Tales from Galaxys Edge much more if it wasn’t based on relatively unknown characters and places. or if there was a Jedi Fallen Order type of game with the main movie characters, I’d get it in a heartbeat. Why is there a major Harry Potter game with all the main characters but we don’t get that with SW? I get it that they want to create seperate worlds for these but I wonder if they’d be more succesful and if people felt more attachment to them (rides, parks, games) if they were more familiar.

1 Like

Listening to Jim Hill’s Looking at Lucasfilm podcast this morning, he reported that WDW might be using the now-scheduled breaks in the Starcruiser schedule as testing for different storylines, including one featuring the Mandalorian and Grogu.

7 Likes

OMG will he - the Mandalorian - talk to me (but with his helmet on)?

Because I might go for that

:fire:

6 Likes

Have you ever heard Pedro Pascal talk about a time when someone asked him to talk to his 10 year old son (a mega fan) on the phone using the Mando voice?

He’s like, “it is kind of a bedroom voice, and I am really not comfortable doing that”. :joy:

Oh my gahd. Not todah.

6 Likes

See? Even he knows.

:melting_face:

4 Likes

Got this Bop It for DD7 for Christmas last year. Anyone heard it? He says “bop it, twist it, pull it” in THAT voice. DH and I crack up :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh my…

Where did you say you got that? :thinking:

7 Likes

Walmart :rofl:

3 Likes