Poll Time! Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Will You Go?

I would do the middle or end because check in time is 1 - 4 pm on the first day and it’s not easy to get a flight that arrives before then for me. My tentative plan (since booking isn’t open) is to do this during a school holiday and get there a day or so early. They offer transport from other resort hotels at the beginning or end of your stay according to the faq.

1 Like

Yes, I just changed my vote too. After the excitement of the announcement died down, and I thought about it more, I just couldn’t justify the $5,300 price tag for me DH and DS to do it. We are planning to go to Florida on a 4 week trip from Australia Dec22/Jan23 - so the exchange rate doesn’t help either :blush:. I put aside $4k in the budget for the SW Hotel and thought we would push it to the $5k needed, but, with half of the full day at SWGE I feel like it’s not worth it. We would be already visiting SWGE multiple times during our 10day (offsite) Disney world portion of the trip. We will put that money towards some other add-ons, maybe VIP tour, maybe a longer Disney Cruise planned for the same trip. Thought it would be a harder decision than it was, with me being such a huge Star Wars fan, but content with the decision to not do it. Can’t wait to hear about the experience from those of you who do do it though!

3 Likes

My DH really would like a Stormtrooper outfit, or Darth Vader. He’s never one to volunteer for anything at Disney, has terrible stage fright. He takes beta blockers before presentations, which gratefully he does very rarely.

Unfortunately, the price tag on the better SW costumes scared him, too.

But he still dresses up as a pirate every Halloween and there is definitely a certain swagger in his step at those times.

4 Likes

I was so heartbroken with the price announced that I just realized I checked the wrong option for poll #1
I’m a huge Star Wars fan and saw the movies multiple times in the theaters. I was anxiously waiting for the Star Wars hotel and I had told my husband that the price wouldn’t matter… well, after Rise of Skywalker my wallet is not that open to Star Wars anymore. I’m still trying to digest that ending to the saga.
I’ve done Savi’s workshop and the void experience. I have to agree that an experience of 1 day and a half, being that half day something anyone can experience with a regular Hollywood Studios ticket… I don’t know.
I think it is going to be a great experience, but I just can’t justify that expense at the moment. Maybe in a few years… until then, it’s Batuu with Oga’s Cantina. Loved Oga’s

2 Likes

'Cuz it’s bright :sunglasses:

I completely cannot survive without my sunglasses. They don’t call this place Big Sky Country for nothing, it’ll burn your eyeballs most days.

But I also feel way cooler with my Ray-Bans on, too. I used to have the Aviators but they scared my daughter when she was little & I picked her up from school (I suppose I looked like a highway patrolman- or did the glasses make me drive the car more like Top Gun?) So I went back to the more friendly Wayfarers.

1 Like

Since I’m a numbers cruncher, I’m trying to make sense of the price tag here. I think it’s purely a demand vs. supply thing (i.e., they’re charging the highest price they can to keep their teeny starcruiser filled to capacity), but here’s my attempt at figuring out the value of the components.

Assume a party of 3 adults, 1 child.

SWGS Description Equivalent Price
2-night stay in cabin 2-night stay at Deluxe Studio (Riviera) - rack rate $1,242
Ongoing immersive and interactive entertainment Tickets to The Cursed Child in London (2 parts) in Stalls (floor section) $1,100
Food and beverages on the starcruiser: 2 dinners BOG prix fixe $446
2 breakfasts Chef Mickey’s $306
Quick-service meal at DB7 DB7 Meal for 4 with entree and one alcholic beverage for each adult and non-alcoholic for child $115
Planetary excursion to Galaxy’s Edge 4 1-day, 1-park tickets (3 adults, 1 child) $431
Valet parking Deluxe resort valet parking (2 nights) $66
SWGS databand Limited Edition $160
Sum of above $3,866
ACTUAL TOTAL $5,999
Galactic Premium $2,133
6 Likes

Here is the link to what is included in the price. Let me know if I’m missing anything.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/

$2k worth of lessons (light sabers, cards, etc) and interactions?.. or is that covered by the HP tickets?

1 Like

I kinda figured it was covered by the HP tickets. I think Len added it up and there was only like 2-3 hours of planned activities, which is kinda pushing it already with a comparison to an over 5-hour play.

2 Likes

I guess the $2k is your transportation cost to a galaxy far far away.

2 Likes

It’s either Disney’s “Go ahead and try to prove that we can’t charge this and still sell out” amount, or there’s a 0.75 ct diamond embedded into one of the MB’s.

3 Likes

How does that compare to this:

Three adults

6 Likes

Does anyone else think about these experiences in relation to “what else could I do at Disney”? I was just strict by: Wow, is 4 nights 50 direct BWV points? How many resale points would 10k buy me?

Maybe it is just my crazy.

5 Likes

Based on recent experience, I’d say about 75. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nope you are not alone!

3 Likes

Here’s some more sticker shock: This Orlando hotel room goes for $17,000 a night. Its biggest perk: Service - Orlando Sentinel

The Royal Suite at Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World

The Royal Suite at Four Seasons Resort, located within the private residential community of Golden Oak at Walt Disney World, is a 3,300 square foot suite that cost $17,000 a night. The suite comes with 8 hours of butler service and has an open living and dining room that looks out to a large private balcony, with sweeping views of Disney World and Magic Kingdom. It also includes a media room, office, and marble bathroom with a large soaking tub and walk-in shower.
The Royal Suite generates about $1,000 in tourism tax revenue per night, but the money is limited to tourism advertising and sports and entertainment venues.

Of course, if that isn’t big enough, guests have the option of connecting up to nine other rooms on the floor with their own private hallway. Or they can go for total privacy with an entire 16th-floor buyout starting at $69,000 a night, giving them 21 total rooms, including the Presidential Suite, the Four Season’s only rival to the Royal.

The perks of the Royal actually start before the guests even arrive. The staff makes contact with the guests, often through a personal assistant, to find out what they want for their vacation. “They get to know the guests before they’re here,” Viaud said.

Guests get the kitchen stocked with whatever they request, and staff helps plan the meals. “Here we do everything from room service to food from our signature restaurant Capa to customized dinner,” Viaud said.

[Popular on OrlandoSentinel.com] Wild Florida hatches albino alligators for the second year in a row »

Arrangements for theme park tickets, transportation and other details are all made by the time guests have settled in if not before.

Guests also get a complimentary eight hours a day of butler service, but Viaud said many upgrade that to 24 hours.

1 Like

75 points is almost enough to take a 3 night Labor Day weekend trip in a SSR 1 bedroom. Raglan has a festival every year that weekend….

2 Likes

Do they need someone standing by in case their sheets come untucked? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve never had that kind of money to know what’s going on in their heads :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’d be surprised by what guests will request at all hours… I’ve mentioned before but I worked the front desk of a Four Seasons. During my interview process, I asked the hotel manager what some of the stranger requests had been that he had gotten. A rock star had requested only blue M and Ms. So a group of folks sat there and hand picked out from however many bags they had to fill a bowl. When Aretha Franklin stayed with us, a team of five housekeepers worked the day before her arrival to unpack all of her clothes for her. As my HR Director said during our onboarding: the reason folks stay here, at twice the cost of the very lovely hotel down the street, which has similar rooms, is service.

5 Likes