New 30% Discount on Galactic Starcruiser for Disney Visa Card Holders

Well, when you are married to someone who has stage 4 kidney cancer and you both are Star Wars fans (in a good way), you might want to make wonderful memories in the time your dear someone has remaining. When that happens, your perspective might shift. We felt our money was worth the experience. As I’m sure the several people on their second cruise.

Also, I heard no grumbling from anyone else about it, but that may because fun was being had. I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but then attitude is everything. If you are convinced it’s horrible then of course it will be horrible for you. Of course no one is forcing you to attend it.

You make choices we wouldn’t but I don’t belittle them I believe the phrase is “please don’t yuck somebody else’s yum”.

12 Likes

I loved it, I would do it again, and I’m tempted to round up a group of girlfriends at this discount. There are a few weekend dates in the discount which is very compelling.

My entire family would do it again (including my Star Wars-hating daughter) if they offered a new story experience.

4 Likes

Have them just follow a different path. I don’t think we saw even most of the story they have! Lol. So much going on at same time! But there has been some talk of that.

2 Likes

WTF? You KNOW that wasn’t what I was saying and you know DAMN WELL I’m not going to dismiss anyone’s want to spend time with loved ones, regardless of activity, especially when they’re sick.

Yeah, you’re right, I guess it’s much better to say their opinion isn’t valid. I’m not sure why you took my determination of the lightsaber training as some sort of personal attack, and to act like I’m some monster insulting you for doing it and enjoying it is WIDLY uncalled for.

I started off saying I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I meant it. But don’t sit there and tell me “you don’t know anything” because I didn’t have the money nor the urge to spend $5000 to confirm something I knew isn’t as good as it could have been or what I would have wanted to do.

Everybody step away from the internet, take a deep breath and be cool.

15 Likes

It sounded so good & then I looked it up & realized it’s still over $3300 for 2 of us for 2 nights. I guess that’s why I didn’t pay too much attention to the AP & DVC rates :rofl:

I also worry I will feel claustrophobic in those rooms. I can’t stay in an inside stateroom on cruises. Tried it once & it wasn’t for me!!

3 Likes

Same! Really puts the original price into perspective when you realize even a thirty-percent discount isn’t enough. It looks amazing though, but I think we will do a Disney Cruise before we do this one.

3 Likes

It’s more than that though. I don’t like that either, but it was a mission with tasks and even if you don’t want to interact with characters that much, you can do most of it on your phone and by just exploring, using the consoles in the ship. It was ridiculously fun.

If you ever done an escape room, it’s more like that combined with a murder mystery dinner where you watch actors act out a story in front of you that you have to participate in solving. If you enjoy games and problem solving and theater, then I think you’d like it. You can also just be passive and just watch the shows just like you would a character show in the park.

4 Likes

DH refers to me as a Druish princess all the time. This is also one of my favorite childhood movies.

1 Like

DH was so secretive about the smuggling path but after I brought him to the Yoda viewing for Jedi, he let me join them in their bridge mission so I got to do two different bridge missions. It’s sort of the same in that you do the stations and play the games of shooting at things, etc but with a different storyline which makes it fresh for sure.

2 Likes

Have you been on one? We’ve been on quite a few & love them. I would definitely pick a cruise over this. Especially since it’s only 2 nights & part of it is at Hollywood Studios. Maybe they will keep dropping the price & we will finally try it, but for now it’s just too much. I’ll stick with cruising & the parks.

3 Likes

That I can understand! I loved our first Disney Cruise and it was a brand new experience good like this was when I did this. I really love new things but I would say my 2nd Disney cruise while still magical wasn’t like the first so when you get bored of that, try this! :wink:

3 Likes

A 30% discount for Disney Visa holders is quite good! That means it would be about $3500 for a normally $5000 cruise. And the barrier to be a Disney Visa holder is low, so basically anyone who really wants this discount can get it.

$3500 is a much more reasonable price for what is being offered. Still expensive, but more in line with Disney’s costs + reasonable profit.

Also keep in mind that they haven’t increased the base price since the launch in March 2022 during a time of 8%+ inflation, so it is relatively more affordable than it was a year ago (in theory at least – I know most people’s wages aren’t keeping up with inflation).

In short, I can actually justify paying this price and I probably will in the next couple of years. I was originally planning for 2027 but we’ll see …

9 Likes

Agreed, basic card has no annual fee, and the current sign-up offer is generous ($150 if you charge $500 in first three months). So you could sign up for the card, use the card to book and get the 30% discount and also get $150 off. Also 6 months of zero % APR for financing your trip.

No, I don’t work for Disney Visa.

10 Likes

Or just have a disney visa debit card…i do… and I get the same dicounts as the credit card. Even lower barrier.

4 Likes

All of this. We booked a placeholder on our first cruise, decided we needed a 2nd cruise imminently so just got our next one booked for September. I clicked on the link above & one the Galactic cruiser dates with the Visa card holder discount fits right on the back of that cruise, so I started to look into it & even with the discount it is still a huge nope. We’re doing a 4 night Bahamian cruise with 2 (inside) staterooms and that will still be significantly cheaper than 2 nights of Galactic & I will take actually being on the ocean vs. the illusion of space at anytime. But I’m also only a very moderate Star Wars fan. I like it, but I like many other things much more. And Batuu as a “port” isn’t all that exciting of a Star Wars place for me either. But man, if it were Naboo, sign me up!

2 Likes

Cool, I did not know that card was available. Looking at the website, you get a $200 reward when you set up a checking account with direct deposit linked to that card. Even better savings.

5 Likes

We have not, but we are aiming for next year. We are looking at the Wish! Just a short 3-4 day gateway-drug cruise. Unless Kathleen Kennedy wants to ruin the ocean too… I digress…
I really want the GS to succeed. I think this type of experience could become the next big thing at theme parks. I would gladly pay to stay at Hogwarts for example. And I love that there is a special space for super fans who want a fully immersive experience. But it’s too little for too much. You know? Maybe throw in a night before/after at a resort, or a free ride from MCO. Something. Lightsaber churros?

2 Likes

plus you get rewards…I’ve got $500 right now…
and 10% off food and merch over $50 in the parks/stores/cruises/hotels

Here’s a referral in case you are looking for one!
Hi! I’m inviting you to get any Disney® Visa® Card. You can earn up to a $300 Statement Credit after qualifying purchases, and I can get a bonus. Learn more.

3 Likes