Need About 20 People to Test New Lines Features

I really like this feature. I have been looking at it this evening and think it will be really helpful. The only question I have is what is the time difference between the wait shorter lines soon and the lines will be steady all day. Space mountain is currently showing at 43 minutes, but is says to wait because shorter lines will be happening at it shows 39 minutes at 8 so it would be a 4 minute difference.

I’m having the same android scrolling issues as everyone else, and for reason, the 7DMT description is also off, but nothing else I’ve looked at so far.

I’ve been checking out the DLR ones too, and while they may be accurate, they rarely seem to be helpful. Every time I’ve looked in the past two days, every ride except GRR has said to ride now. Again maybe accurate, but not as helpful as a feature (for these past couple days) as the WDW suggestion seem to be.

1 Like

AK is currently closed, if you click on the ride you can see the estimated wait times (not in graph form) but no description. The description might still be helpful even if the park is closed along with the estimated wait times for the next day.

This might have been mentioned before, but it would be great to see the predictions for the popular meet and greets too.

1 Like

Works fine on android 4.4.3 on my nexus 5 phone and nexus 10 tablet. Noticed the same ambiguities as mentioned below

I updated some of the issues last night. Let me know if yall still see any problems with what should be fixed (as mentioned below).

Also, if you see a ride suggestion that doesnt make sense, please take note of the following info if you can:

Current time, Current Posted Wait for the attraction, All lines of suggestion text for the attraction, and a screenshot of the wait time chart if possible. Since we update wait times at least every 10 minutes the predicted wait time chart might look completely different when I look at it check out what an issue was with a ride suggestion.

Changes made:

Ride description images and chart images should be a normal size now.

Videos in the ride descriptions have been removed.

Length of the suggestion text should be shorter so it doesnt overlap the posted wait times

It shouldnt give you ride suggestions for closed attractions anymore.

Changed wording when wait times are relatively the same to say “Ride anytime, lines are about the same the rest of the day”

Still need to do:

Remove EMH from the suggested wait times, and reduce size of the attraction description fields.

The inconsistency between putting the recommended time to ride again in minutes vs an aural time is a little confusing. This magic carpets recommendation confused me:

minutes vs an actual time, not aural time

I agree the number in parenthesis is a little confusing, is it posted time or actual time?

number in parenthesis would be our forecasted actual wait.

I wish we could add more detail, but the space is very limited.

1 Like

Just got a look at this. To start I think it is fantastic, however there seems to be an ambiguity ex: at 1:19 pm Jungle Cruise says Wait Lines steady for 300 min then drop Next shortest at 1:40pm (9min). Maybe the wording could be changed, obviously the difference between 1:19 and 1:40 is not 300 mins. Easier to understand ex: at Splash Mountain Wait Shorter lines occur soon Lines get shorter at 4:10 pm (40) or Peter Pan’s Flight that says Wait Lines dropping until 3:10pm (30).Also I created some test TP’s for tomorrow to see how if at all they change with this. I have used both a laptop and an iPad with no problems I was surprised with the new TP format but it is easier to use than before. On the whole this is awesome and you guys are doing a great job

I wish I had something really good to offer for the verbiage. You are dealing with such a constrained space, that much detail is impossible. Maybe simply “waits decrease at X time” or “waits increase dramatically at Y” “wait times the same until Z” or for something with no plateau, “waits steadily decline until close” the graphs are awesome and I keep looking at those no matter what the front says.

Maybe a green, yellow, and red for if things are great now, lines staying to increase, and don’t ride until much later when the wait decreases by 2 hours.

@daybreaker - Sorry I can’t do screen shots on my phone, but here is an example of a suggest that doesn’t make sense to me. Current time: 8/12/14 11:30 AM. BTMRR shows Expected wait of 34 min, posted wait of 50 min. Suggestions are:

• Wait. Lines steady for 90 min then drop (in yellow)
  • Next shortest at 11:55 am (30 min)
  • Absolute shortest at 10:25 pm (14 min)

Looking at the graph, the only drop I see is the drop to 30 minutes. After that it climbs to what appears to be 43 minutes, so waiting 90 minutes looks like it would put me at the peak of the curve.

Looks good! My iPhone issue has been resolved!

@daybreaker I’ve been playing around with the wait time page and really like the changes, particularly if you can clarify the wording. One suggestion or question is, is there someway to let people know to click on the attraction to get further information. I did it by accident and found the descriptions and the charts but probably never would have looked intentionally Maybe an arrow would help. The new creating a personalized touring plan is great Ok it looked differently yesterday!

We’ve taken note of all the issues and suggestions in here. Could everyone maybe use it a bunch today and throughout the day tomorrow (since it gets updated every 10 minutes) so we can be sure we’re getting everything worked out?

Thanks every one!

@mascardofamily @TiggersFriend @jlyn @WDWRDpro @sparky6383 @errobin @Outer1 @chilepeppr4 @WeHave2GoBack @GrownUpLilo @mindyp1965 @keithloveswaffles @jec4289 @mjw @TashToo @snowwhitenyc @Shelldub @kellybelle

2 Likes

@daybreaker I like the “wait as long as possible” comment that’s coming up in the late evening. Let’s say there are three rides I want to ride with two hours to go before close. All three have the ‘wait’ comment. What’s the best/easiest way for me to prioritize which to do first to make sure I get all three done and don’t ‘wait’ too long. Almost makes me wish for a ‘TP on the fly’ ability where I could check those three off as soon as I see them all say ‘wait’ and let it prioritize for me. Yes, I know I could go to the plans tab and do it…just thinking out loud. :slight_smile:

I can see a lot of improvements already!

Some of the comments are still running into the posted wait time info on the right side (looking at the app on my iPhone 4).

Some of the advice seems a little inconsistent across attractions. For example, right now (Tuesday 8:35pm) the advice for Barnstormer (current expected wait 20 min) is “Ride whenever. Lines won’t drop for a while. Next shortest at 9:55pm (11 min).” For Buzz (current expected wait 29 min), the advice is “Wait. Lines dropping until 9:55pm (12 min). Lines increase after that until 10:40pm.” (There are a few other rides with the same advice message as Buzz.) It seems to me that in both cases, the line will be shorter at the same time (9:55pm). Yet in one case it says to go ahead and ride whenever, in the other case it says to wait. Is there a reason for the difference, or am I misunderstanding?

Also, just a question - how does it decide which rides to provide the advice for, and when?

I LOVE being able to pull up the chart showing the day’s forecast for each ride! And the shaded bar that shows where we currently are in the forecast is great.

Can’t see wording.

Good Morning The wording seems much clearer Thanks