Need About 20 People to Test New Lines Features

Ok, we’ll cut it off right here. I’ll post back in here and tag everyone in the reply when the test is live.

I’d love to test too :smile:

I’m not sure if you have everyone you need for this test - but if there is still a spot I’d love to be apart of it :slight_smile:

I’m always down to help

This is so cool! I have time this weekend to test this and the dashboard.

Not going until October but I LOVE this idea.

@len I still don’t have the alerts. Tag me if/when you need me to test next phase of dashboard or Lines. :smile:

@sarah test alert received Yeah

Ok, if you’re tagged in this post, you should see the changes when you log in to Lines. Please let me know immediately via PM, or email brad@touringplans.com, if you see any bugs, or anything broken.

If you have any ideas, or suggestions, please just post them in this thread.

@mascardofamily @TiggersFriend @jlyn @WDWRDpro @sparky6383 @errobin @Outer1 @chilepeppr4 @WeHave2GoBack @GrownUpLilo @mindyp1965 @keithloveswaffles @jec4289 @mjw @TashToo @snowwhitenyc @Shelldub @kellybelle

This thread is only for the Lines updates mentioned by Len - which is the Ride Now / Wait suggestions, and the forecast charts on each individual attraction’s page.

For the Ride Now/Wait suggestions, would it be worthwhile to note instances when a ride’s shortest time is during EMH and possibly provide what the shortest non-EMH time is as an option? For example, right now 7DMT says that the absolute shortest will be at 1:00 AM, which is during EMH. If I’m not able to take advantage of EMH, the info doesn’t do me any good, but if there was going to be a dip in the times during normal operating hours, that info would be more useful for me.

Looking at this feature, though….I’m going to love it!

with just the first glance at the screen, and I think someone mentioned it already… Ride now and Ride any time should have different colors.

Good point about EMH!

The only “issue” is that the yellow or green writing telling me to wait or ride now is “running into” some of the posted wait times. I am viewing on an iPhone.

I’m running Android 4.4.2 on an s4

The graph doesn’t fit on the screen, so there is some side to side scrolling

The current wording for Peter Pan’s Flight is confusing. It says to wait, but that lines are dropping until 4:40, then they increase after that. Looking at the graph, the differences are only on the order of 2 or 3 minutes but it oscillates a lot. Maybe “wait” should have you wait longer in that case?

Also agree that “ride whenever” needs to be maybe an orange or purple color, rather than green. Green says to me “go now, it’s okay” rather than “it’s not going to get any better, if you need to ride, good luck.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also on android. Forecast fits on my screen but the description and video above do not. I have to scroll from side to side to read, I’m reading 7dmt

Also like above there should be a few more colour codes for example for
Lines steady then drop
Shorter lines in…
Lines dropping

Will look more closely later tonight, but just taking a quick look, I think this is going to be a fantastic feature!!

1 Like

Living with the Land is closed, but it still has the “ride anytime” tag.

1 Like

I’m noticing that on the MK screen, it’s showing “Ride anytime - Lines about the same all day” for most attractions, such as Space and Big Thunder, even though those lines are not the same all day (presumably this is meant to convey all day during EMH). Maybe it should say something like “Ride anytime - Lines about the same all evening”?? So that someone in MK for the first time won’t get confused about what to expect when they come back during the day?

1 Like

One other note - I find it a little ambiguous what the time in parentheses means in the phrase “Wait. Lines dropping until 1:00am (47 min).” (That’s the current entry for 7DMT.) Does that mean the wait time is expected to decrease to a minimum of 47 min? Or that in 47 min the line will have shortened?

1 Like