NBA at Disney

How did I not know he’s a Washingtonian? At least for high school and college. Thanks for sharing. It just makes me love him more!

1 Like

What a special young man! He is full of love! He is doing his parents proud. I feel his pain of not having his mom. :sob:. You are hooked on him even though he doesn’t play for your home team. :wink:

2 Likes

I am going to be sad when he loses :frowning:

3 Likes

But he’s so young! He has plenty of time to do amazing things in the NBA.

I used to be quite a college basketball fan - Arizona Wildcats. I like to say that Steve Kerr and I were freshmen at UofArizona the same year. :wink: Not that he knew who I was! Anyway, I am still a big fan of his and it’s funny that my dad’s favorite NBA team has always been Golden State so that was my team too. I love the success he made for himself both as a player and now a coach.

3 Likes

Matisse versus Celtics in the first round…I’m so torn! (Think I will focus on the Bruins!)

3 Likes

Such a beautiful human being! Thanks so much for continuing to share his videos!

1 Like

GO MATISSE!!! (Sentence)

Does anyone know if the NBA Experience is open? If so, I hope one of the players does a vlog there. It would be hilarious to see an NBA player go through it all.

I started watching “The Last Dance” about the Chicago Bulls’ 1997-1998 season which was when they won their 6th championship.

I grew up in the suburbs but when people ask where I’m from, I still say Chicago or “I grew up in Chicago.”

DGD15 watched with me and decided she wanted to watch a basketball game so we watched OKC Thunder play last night in their final regular season game in “the bubble.” It’s the first game I’ve watched since I left Chicago in 2001.

It was…interesting. The screens mimicking a crowd…I swear I saw Sam Eagle the Muppet on there. DGD15 says Snoopy was on there. The fake cheering. I didn’t mind it as much as I thought I would. I really enjoyed the shots at our home arena with Rumble the Bison.

I’m glad they found a way to make it work.

4 Likes

This might be the last one I post today (but watch the Matisse/Harris bookstore YouTube video).

This is draft day (my Celtics drafted him for the 76ers?!). I love the inside of his suit coat and his dad.

3 Likes

Like how does that work? I don’t know anything about basketball or drafting. But if we drafted him how’d he end up at Philly? Also, I feel less guilty to cheer for him if he started off as ours LOL I told my husband I am cheering for them because of him and he literally gasped. :laughing:

And OMG the inside of that jacket :sob:

3 Likes

OMG the bookstore! Six Biscuits :laughing:

1 Like

I think the 76ers got nervous he wouldn’t be available for they had an agreement for a trade.

2 Likes

Gotcha. So we got him without intention of ever keeping him. Interesting.

1 Like

I can help with this!

Just learned about it last night.

When Scottie Pippen was drafted 7th by Seattle, it was never Seattle’s intention to keep him. Chicago got Seattle to draft him because Seattle wanted one of Chicago’s players. They made the deal prior to the draft. So he wore the Seattle hat to his interview after the draft and the reporters told him he had the wrong hat on. He didn’t even realize he was traded that fast.

2 Likes

I started this when it first when came out on ESPN and got three episodes into it, then got busy and forgot about it. Then binge watching Thybulle’s vlog triggered me to start again. What an amazing documentary! I was entranced. I am not a big sports watching fan and I don’t particularly follow basketball that much, but Last dance and Matisse might just change all that!

1 Like

It was probably the result of a trade deal.

1 Like

I had head to toe chills watching parts of it.

1 Like

I sobbed when MJ was sobbing on the floor clutching the basketball when they won the 4th championship (the first after losing his father).

1 Like

Did you all hear they tested the new saliva test on these guys? That is why they got the mouth swap and the nasal swab (and maybe why they went easy on the nose?) FDA just approved (is getting ready to approve?) the new test.

5 Likes