NBA at Disney

3 Likes

Tonight!

So many TV decisions: Bruins, Sox (ouch - not doing so well), 76ers (yes, I said it), Dem Convention.

I’m going to need more screens!

3 Likes

@PrincipalTinker, who will you cheer for?!?

1 Like

When I was growing up I had a great aunt (my grandmother’s sister) that was a Celtic’s season ticket holder in the old garden. She would wash her jersey before the season started and then wore it to every home game, but never washed it. Sometimes the Celtics are really bad, sometimes they are great, usually I just hope for fun to watch. I will enjoy seeing Matisse as I cheer for my Celtics.

2 Likes

Great aunt was not a fair weather fan like DH!

DS is a hockey fan. He is a San Jose Sharks (our local team) and Pittsburgh Penguin fan. The year they were together in the Stanley Cup was interesting. He wanted the Sharks to win their first Stanley Cup but was happy to have either team win.

2 Likes

Poor Matisse is going to get swept today :frowning:

I guess he has a lot of career left in him to win a championship.

3 Likes

Maybe he’ll get one more game?

IDK. The games have been close but they (76ers) seem to be making really dumb mistakes in the last minutes

Yeah- the Celtics are a team.

1 Like

I mean, they’re Boston so that goes without saying :wink:

(pay no attention to those Red Sox over there. They have taken this weird season off, apparently)

2 Likes

How long is the NBA expected to be at Coronado Springs?

The Finals are still scheduled, as of today, to begin on September 30th. At that time a 7 game series will begin and it could go between 4-7 games. There is usually a day between some games but I can’t find the specific spacing of games? All of the top teams are at Coronado.

2 Likes

The 2020 US Open Karate Championships were moved from June at Coronado to December at Coronado Springs.

This week the promoters announced that due to “venue and Covid-19 considerations” the 2020 competition would be canceled.

The venue consideration was intriguing.

Especially so since the tournament finals are broadcast on ESPN. Possibly a revenue source.

There has been some chatter that they might go back into the bubble for next year’s season? I believe that is projected for December but I thought CSR was scheduled to open this year?

1 Like

Yes. A tournament circuit for this fall and winter was completely canceled this season, I think because one competition is in Quebec, and travel restrictions caused the cancellation.

This particular December tournament draws competitors from all over the world, tho I’d think it’d be too soon, in August, to cancel due to travel restrictions.

Which left me thinking of a conflict at the venue and NBA.

It’s supposed to open 10/14. I know this because I was supposed to arrive there with DD16 on 10/15. It’s not going to happen but I haven’t cancelled the room yet because I am curious where I would end up if/when it doesn’t open as scheduled.

3 Likes

It makes a lot of sense the bubble would continue for next season. The other professional sports with players travelling around keep getting players testing positive. Looking at it from a business perspective alone, I wouldn’t want to take that sort of risk as their employer. Think of the liability if one of them gets COVID and has complications that end their career. Even if they rebound quickly they’ll still miss several weeks, which could be a huge problem with a star player. Seems like a shorter season in a bubble atmosphere is the way to go for all sports for this next season.

1 Like
5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this!

1 Like

So sad that his bubble time has ended. :disappointed:

3 Likes