My Perfectly Planned Trip, plus the Unexpected

This will be my first attempt at a real time trip report, so bear with me!

I invited my sister, sister-in-law, and adorable nephews to a week in an AKL 2-bedroom villa using my DVC points at the holidays during a usually low crowd lull between Thanksgiving and Christmas, December 7-14.

And then RotR opened on December 5th :smirk:

So, instead of 5 one park/day passes for them — I have an AP — plus MVMCP, I find myself the proud owner of a VIP plaid tour tomorrow Dec 8 to enable us to do HS on. CL10 day :crazy_face:. It doesn’t include RotR so i’ve been trying to figure out that piece, reading all the posts here — thx to all!

And since I’m paying for the tour anyway, I persuaded my DS29 to join us for a few days to be the big guy cousin with DNephew11 and DNephew7.

I arrived at MCO at 11:30, picked up my rental, bought provisions at Walmart, and await all of them, arriving 4pm and 6:00pm and using ME.

And since the room isn’t ready yet of course I’m at AK. I had FPPs in case, and rode Navi to see if I like it better than last time — not so much —. and since I hadn’t had lunch yet, well, Nomad Lounge was singing its siren song and here I am.

31 Likes

27 Likes

Woohoo!!! Happy Day! Can’t wait to follow along! And a plaid?!? How fancy. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

7 Likes

The Merry Menagerie is Adorable

27 Likes

Great start! When are you going to the party ?

Friday, though I need to buy my ticket! I was going to skip it but @Randall1028 ‘s photos are too beautiful. Everyone else has theirs, so I should stop at Guest Relations!

15 Likes

Dug and Russell have a Christmas tree!!!

20 Likes

Best Coaster at WDW

30 Likes

I used to agree but it almost rattled my head off last month. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I never get tired of KS

22 Likes

Brave of you to hold out that brand new iphone 11 to take that photo just before plummeting backwards into the abyss!

15 Likes

Jambo!!!

27 Likes

Apple care covers a LOT! :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

I can just imagine that conversation. “Well, you see, the thing is, I was on this rickety old train, when a Yeti destroyed the tracks and snatched my brand new phone…”

22 Likes

view from our room — we got exactly what i requested. thank you, TP!!!

(there were giraffes but i missed them)

26 Likes

SACRED SPACES!!!
I have the swoon

5 Likes

Me either! So I’m going on a real Safari in 2024. I started saving this summer. Can’t even wait!

18 Likes

You’re off to a great start!!! Thanks for taking us along!! Loving all the photos!!

7 Likes

Nephews swimming in the Jambo pool!

21 Likes

It seems they didn’t waste any time before taking advantage of the pool! Make sure you get all your troops to bed early so they’re ready for that plaid tour tomorrow!

2 Likes