My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

I would have considered a home birth had I been younger and had a healthy pregnancy. Since I was 38 and had gestational diabetes, I had to be induced at the hospital. It was a pretty horrible experience, but worth it! I’m glad you liked the derailment! I love talking about babies/nursing/birth too (even though I’m a 1 and done mom) and I felt a little guilty for starting the segue.

4 Likes

I love that about birth!! It can be absolutely horrible, but it is ALWAYS transformative

2 Likes

I kept meaning to respond to this- it wasn’t bad at all after the first night! Maybe it was first night jitters, or maybe I just got used to it and tuned it out, just like any other noise I hear regularly at night. I’m glad we didn’t need to move rooms, though it did cross my mind!

5 Likes

DS8, DS5, and DD3 were all present for the birth of their little sister 2 weeks ago. This was the second birth for DS8, he was there for the birth of DD3 too.

I too find birth to be beautiful and amazing. I love being able to share the experience. Besides my kiddos, I usually have my husband and mom, as well as a mixture of aunts, cousins, and friends at each birth. I love knowing I’m surrounded by so much support. And looking up to see heads bowed in prayer for me, well that gives me strength in a way I just can’t describe!

Birth, babies, breastfeeding…I love all of it! And I agree that, in this country at least, you really have to seek out education. I am so thankful that a friend approached me during my first pregnancy and introduced me to the idea of out-of-hospital birth. I started researching and was quickly convinced that natural birth and breastfeeding were for me. I’ve now been pregnant and/or nursing since 2011 (minus a couple of weeks after a miscarriage at the beginning of the year)! And, like others on this thread, I was blessed to be a milk donor too! I’ve donated over 10,000 ounces to babies with dietary restrictions (dairy, gluten, soy, etc.).

And back to the original topic, your trip report was wonderful! I’ll echo others in saying that you did such a great job balancing everyone’s needs and wants. It’s tough to travel with small kids. You handled difficult situations with grace and kindness!

11 Likes

@kerrilux_625778 Congrats on your new baby girl! Happy to hear that she has arrived and everything went well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you! We are all very much in love :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I remember your first post on expected magical baby !!! Congratulations, you are wonderful and blessed, and sharing this incredible happy joy with us amidst the travails. it is so great to celebrate joy and life. Yay Mom!!! Baby!! Family!!!

3 Likes

Thank you!!

She came 2 weeks late (on my mom’s birthday :heart_eyes:) weighing in at 10lbs 5.5oz…my biggest baby yet!

24 Likes

Oh my gosh those CHEEKS!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Wowza! Super mom!

4 Likes

Congratulations don’t really say it enough. So much Life, Joy, Hope , and Love for your family. Thanks so much for sharing it here for us :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

My first three were all around nine and a half pounds, so this one wasn’t too much of a stretch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Definitely gives hope in these crazy times!!

3 Likes

Congrats! She is beautiful.

4 Likes

Congratulations!!

4 Likes

You had your baby!!! Baby pics are my FAVORITE type of de-rail! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: thank you so much for sharing and congratulations!

That is soooo cool!!

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve been there and it’s a very difficult thing to go through. I hope you have found some comfort and peace in the time since.

:scream: this is incredible. I can’t even fathom! That’s an amazing blessing to so many moms and babies!

Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot

6 Likes

Is that birth humor? :joy::rofl::crazy_face:

10 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thanks!!

3 Likes