My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

She really is.

3 Likes

I’ll catch up when I have a chance to breathe! Travel days are big days with the littles. We’re about to take off. Had a great breakfast at Topolino’s!

9 Likes

I just wanted older to wean on his own, but it looks like he’ll need some coaxing. I wanted to have him weaned before Disney. Then I hoped at Disney he’d be so distracted he didn’t even think about nursing. My plans never work! :joy:

7 Likes

It was so awesome!!! The second best meal after Sanaa

3 Likes

I love Sanaa.

3 Likes

Weaning is so different with different children. My girls didn’t want to stop and then my DS self weaned at 19 months and I cried.

5 Likes

My goal was 2 years but we only made it 10 months. He’s 3 now and sometimes I still wish I could nurse him.

4 Likes

We joke that my 10 month old is going to wean before DS2 does. It’s very strange, never having gone through it before. I’m not quite sure what to do to encourage him, but I’m sure in retrospect, I will miss these times very much. :heart:

4 Likes

That must’ve been so hard to have your time cut short! Or did it feel like it was right at the time? The cuddles are definitely precious and irreplaceable.

4 Likes

Got to our car and it was covered in ice. One of the doors wouldn’t open right away. Missed you, Michigan!!

7 Likes

I know from experience you will. It’s such a special bond.

5 Likes

I don’t think I can like that post. Sorry about the ice.

2 Likes

I just couldn’t keep my supply up once I returned to work and had to start supplementing at about 6 months. Luckily he accepted formula like a champ- I felt both grateful and somehow betrayed that he was fine with it! Nonsense emotions!

3 Likes

So many nonsense emotions!!

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ve weaned 3, if you’re interested in ideas, I can share what’s worked for me and my friends.

I think it was a La Leche League leader who once told me that the nursing relationship was one of the first opportunities to teach babies/toddlers about limits and respecting others. Starting to set boundaries around nursing (only at these times, or only in this chair are common starting places) gently introduces the concept, then can be expanded upon.

11 Likes

I loved reading all of your reports! You inspired me to take a side trip over to AKL to see the decorations. We will be there in 2 weeks!

I’m sorry about the ice. I always hate coming home to the Midwest after a trip to warmer climates. Hope everyone gets a good night sleep in their own beds!

6 Likes

:scream_cat:

4 Likes

I just got a shiver thinking about this. I’ve lived in cold places enough to know what that’s like! Hence why I live in Arizona now! :smile:

6 Likes

Catching up on what I missed here over the weekend. Great trip report, and welcome back home to the Midwest! The way you and your DH worked together to solve every problem and give those boys the best time possible was awesome to see! And I love that you didn’t sugarcoat it. You shared the frustrating moments (like the JC line) along with the better ones. I don’t think I could have personally gotten through that vacation with any sanity left when my kids were that age, but you showed how it was possible and even quite enjoyable with the right planning and teamwork. Great job, and when the time is right to come back in a few years, it will be like brand new to your boys (and any new additions that might come along) and it should mostly feel a little easier for you and DH too having gone through this one!

7 Likes