My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

And the African Christmas music they were playing was magnificent. I wish they sold it as an album!

3 Likes

I’ve never been there at Christmas but we’ve stayed in Kidani twice and I LOVE the vibe there. It’s hard to put into words why exactly but the theming is just perfect.

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly about AKL. To date we’ve only stayed at Jambo but it quickly became home to us. Like AK the park, the resort is fully transportive because of the incredible theming.

I’ve been trying to decide if to keep our 2 BR OKW for the full 9 night stay. Dang if you haven’t made me reconsider splitting to include AKL…

8 Likes

Wow - what a day! I love your long posts. The details are giving me life! I’m so glad DH got to redo Savi’s. Sounds like an amazing experience for him. So glad you got to do ASS with your little guy back-to-back. There is something so magical about doing a ride, loving it, and getting right back on. I know why you wanted that for him and I’m glad it worked out.

I LOVE AKL so much. Seeing your pics makes me want to go back so bad. I am, but in January and I won’t see the Christmas decorations. It’s making me terribly sad. But it’s good to have things to look forward to. I’ve just put down Christmas at AKL top of that list.

Looking forward to reading about SAB. I hope everyone has a nice, relaxed pool day and that it’s warm enough to really enjoy it.

4 Likes

Great photos!!

2 Likes

Do ittttt. Yes. Everything is breathtaking. I go in the bathroom and just stare around me in awe. I go up the steps, and I’m amazed at the steps and the railing. Even the leaf imprints in the concrete on the way to the bus. Every little thing whispers attention and detail.

5 Likes

Did I miss that this is your anniversary? Happy Anniversary! What is that yummy looking dessert?

3 Likes

I love how DH is holding the baby like a football! Best way when you’re on a land speeder, of course. :rofl:

3 Likes

DH had a great morning with DS2 at the pool! I was on nap duty with DS1 who ended up sleeping for 2 hours- which was the entire time they were at the pool. When DS1 woke up, DS2 was ready for a nap, so timing just didn’t work out for us today! But they had so much fun at SAB- and the quiet pool too!

4 Likes

It’s a points issue. I’m thinking on it though. We have loved our Jambo stays

3 Likes

Yours too! Your night pics of world showcase/Epcot are soooooo good! We didn’t get to experience that!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was our 6th anniversary on May 4th, which is when our first trip was supposed to be. So even though it’s now November, we’re still celebrating it! And today was our “anniversary dinner.” Fun fact, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary at Sanaa also!

It was some sort of delicious mousse type thing with a cookie crust. :drooling_face: it was phenomenal

5 Likes

Of course! DH made a point to tell me that he was not holding on to the handle with his right hand :joy: he was just pretending!

4 Likes

With young kids I can see why. Traveling with young kids isn’t always easy but you have done so much. What a great trip you are having.

2 Likes

Resort/Chill day today. In theory, anyway. In practice, we were still wrestling with two tiny overtired children who miss home and routine. We realized that resort days are not what we thought they would be, nor what they could be, if it were just us. But it was still a day at Disney, and for that, I am thankful. I am so thankful. We spent lots of time on our porch today. We had a lovely, soft drizzle to watch for part of the day. And now it’s a clear night, with clear skies, and a lit up boardwalk.

Can you see me waving at you, over there @Dreamer? Or hopefully you’re still enjoying Epcot :slight_smile:

DH took DS2 to the quiet pool around 8:30. DS1 was getting ready for another nap, so I stayed in the room and hung out with him and put him to sleep. DH and DS went to SAB when it opened at 10:00. From what I heard, DS2 was having a great time practicing kicking and putting his face in the water. He didn’t think much of the sand at SAB, and he wouldn’t go down the little slide, but he love watching his daddy go down the slide. I’m a little bummed I didn’t get to experience SAB at all- I so badly wanted to go down that slide!- but I’m at peace with it. We did a lot of other fun things. I would’ve had to trade Radiator Springs or AKL in order to do more SAB, and I preferred to do those other things.

DS2 will not nap in the hotel room. He hasn’t this whole week. We tried three times, and each time he ended up taking an hour nap in the stroller. So once again, we strollered him around for an hour while he slept. We’ll do it one more time tomorrow, and then, hallelujah, we will be home in our own beds.

I think I already said most of how our visit to AKL was. To get there, we walked to the Epcot skyliner, took it to HS, and then took the bus to AKL. A bit of a roundabout way, but DS2 really loves the skyliner. LOVES it. To get home, we took the bus to HS and walked back YC. We made the walk 6 or so times this week. It’s a beautiful walk. We really enjoyed it.

At AKL, we watched the animals on the savannah before dinner. We also introduced DS2 to pin trading. We let him pick out a couple pins from the board at the gift shop. He picked out a pluto and some weird blue thing i’ve never seen before in my life. If i can find it, i’ll snap a picture for the hive mind to teach me something.

We pretty much came straight back and started bed time. 2 hours later, both kids are asleep. That’s been standard this week. Man. What a trip. I’m so tired, yall. I just want to laugh and cry at the same time. This has been awesome. I’m so glad we came. I’m going to sleep though! early night tonight.

Whoever prayed on Tuesday that my kids would sleep in, do that again please. It worked last time.

Oh yeah, the Christmas decorations at Disney are so beautiful! I don’t think we ever would have come in November, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we do so again the future. So i’ll give COVID some credit for that one!

13 Likes

We’re still at Epcot but I’ll wave on our walk back.
I will pray your kids sleep in.
I’m so impressed by the calm attitude you have maintained throughout your trip.

7 Likes

Thank you! DS2 woke up whimpering at 3AM, poor kid.

Oh my goodness, Matchbox 20 is in my head now.

Anyway, So I nursed him and I’m hoping, praying, that will mean he sleeps in a little. I shouldn’t have checked my phone but I did, so oh well for that. I’m so glad you and your daughters had such a lovely evening at Epcot!

Tomorrow, we hit Topolino’s, throw everything in a suitcase, and head home!

11 Likes

Truly <3

4 Likes

Still nursing both? You really are super mom! :superhero:

7 Likes

Hope it worked! Enjoy Topolino’s. We loved our breakfast there in July.

2 Likes