My brother's first-ever Family Trip!

DAY 4: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!
They were out the door and waiting for the HS bus at 7:30 AM. Crowds look very low at the moment. EMH helps! It was supposed to rain all day today, but now it looks like more of the same… Cloudy, then stormy in the afternoon, then clearing up again. Relieved! Glimpse is a little glitchy, but I’m having fun “following” them around!

2 Likes

They did get back to World Showcase last night, but since my SIL‘s phone died I didn’t get to see much of that. My brother sent me a short video of the nighttime show there. They are enjoying the heck out of this trip! :blush:

2 Likes

Got lots of pics from their dinner at the Crystal Palace. It looks like they had ample time with Pooh and Friends. And they said the food was awesome! And my nephew (the graduate) got a note from Piglet!

7 Likes

8:30am Tower of Terror followed immediately by Rockin’ Roller Coaster … only in WDW!! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

They are really blessed that all four of them enjoy the same rides! Makes it so much easier when the whole group can go on to everything together. We’ve had about every combination of that on our trips!

3 Likes

They caught The March of the First Order and are experiencing the first Indy Show of the day! i’m here listening to the Indiana Jones soundtrack LOL

1 Like

my SIL is very private, so i won’t post an actual pic … but this is what my neice looks like this morning … i think she’s OVER IT for the moment! and following them on Glymspse, it’s high noon and HOT and it looks like they’re having some trouble or a long wait getting on a bus back to the Poly … hoping the midday break brings her back to life!! LOL

3 Likes

50s Prime Time Cafe, Muppets and Star Tours this evening …

1 Like

my brother assures me it was a great morning in HS (albeit a HOT one!). They are now back at the Poly and decided NOT to go back to HS but to “hang loose” at the resort. VERY SMART. they were able to swap the 50s Prime Time Cafe to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner (which i wouldn’t recommend, but they’ll enjoy it). i’m very impressed that they’re opting to take it easy!!

4 Likes

The heat will zap the strength and stamina out of anyone. Probably a good choice. Glad they were able to swap out easily. How did they end up doing that? CM at the resort?

1 Like

yes, my SIL spoke directly with a CM. Luau’s are terribly hokey and cheesy (even the ones in Hawaii), but my brother assures me they love hokey and cheesy! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

i’ve been to WDW in March, April, August (ACK!!) and twice in December … DECEMBER is the way to go!! early, tho, before the Christmas crowds …

I’ve only ever gone in December (2004 Christmas week) and April (2017). We are going again the week of Christmas this year to celebrate my graduation and DD’s 17th birthday (26th). We will probably never go at Christmas again. Love the coolness!

1 Like

yes, EARLY December is heavenly compared to Christmas week. Godspeed!! and congrats on your graduation!

2 Likes

If I can get there! I’m so tired of school…

2 Likes

ugh … i was tired of school by the middle of first grade hahaha

1 Like

DAY 3 ~ all afternoon plans scrapped. opted instead to chill at the Poly, snagged a reservation at the Spirit of Aloha, had a night swim and watched the fireworks from the beach. MUCH better plan for them!

3 Likes

LOL! I enjoyed being in college again, but this last year is grinding me down. I should have finished back when I was there the first time… When I was young and didn’t have a full-time job and family!

4 Likes

DAY 4 ~ (AM plan) Animal Kingdom … VERY HUMID before 9am. altered their schedule a bit, and it looks like they’ll be able to hit Na’vi, Avatar, Kali, Everest and Dinosaur before noon. 2:45pm Castle dinner scheduled in MK before they Lyft out to church at the Basilica in Orlando, then back to MK for HEA. praying that my niece will hold up! she woke up with a sore throat. hang in there, kid, it’s the last full day!!!

1 Like