Mr. I’ll Make a (Disney) Man Out of You - Live-ish Trip Report

The better to see you, my dear . . . :wink:

But really, it’s difficult to see his line of sight.

2 Likes

Good morning, everyone!!! Hope you had a great week.

24 Likes

A great week following along for sure!

4 Likes

Pre-park open at CRT. We made it to MK via monorail around 7:30. They let us tap at 7:50 for early entry at opening at 8:30. Our reservation was at 8:15. They had us go to Adventureland for check-in. We got to the castle and Tiki had to use the restroom. They advised him to go to the one near Casey’s. :eyes:
He walked around to the other side of the castle toward Cheshire/Fantasyland. He said the look of surprise on the CM’s face was priceless. She asked how he had gotten in behind the castle - since they were holding everyone at Main St/hub. :laughing:

20 Likes

Uh, oh! Someone left their stuffy on the Sunshine Flyer coach. :slightly_frowning_face:

Sunshine Flyer was 20 minutes late picking us up for the airport. I was on hold with them when the driver arrived. He had a full load of folks to offload and I could see the desperation in his eyes. He apologized and said he’d done “everything I could.” We felt badly for the guy. Told him not to worry since he was picking us up three hours early. I think he thought we were going to freak when he said he had two more stops. At one point he ended up on the phone with his boss - on speaker. The boss was questioning where he was - said customers were calling and complaining. He defended himself, explaining he had been dispatched late. Poor guy. We still gave him a nice tip.

The airport was packed like I’ve never seen. The line to check in at Southwest wrapped around many corners. It took 90 minutes to get checked in and through security. By the time we made it to our gate, they’d just called our boarding group. :open_mouth:

12 Likes

:pensive::dizzy_face::confounded:

This is what happened to us when we left. We were NOT there 3 hours early and I had to separate from the family so they could get to the plane on time and I just barely made it after a mad dash. The unspoken rumor was that the luggage conveyor was broken and they couldn’t get bags moving. Wonder what the problem there is today.

7 Likes

What if Neil Patrick Harris is a Liner? :face_with_monocle::laughing:

15 Likes

They had these photo frames set up at MK for the Christmas party. What would have been nice is if they had PhotoPass photographers manning them. This was the one and only one used. Just minutes before this pic was taken, a HUGE- and I mean HUGE - opossum came out of nowhere. It was long and fat. He walked behind the frame just as I was walking into it. :flushed:
I freaked out and I startled other guests in the process. :laughing: I asked Tiki to hurry up and take the picture. We stayed away from the photo frames after that. :eyes:

19 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I can only imagine! A giant opossum!

3 Likes

They look evil, but they are very useful and good to have around. I have to remind myself of that every time I see one.

9 Likes

All they do is tear up my yard, can’t convince me they are useful.

Yep, we have an opossum that has made part of our yard its territory for about the past 6 months. And now this past month in a different part of the yard we have an armadillo that has taken up residence. I had no idea they dig little holes all over looking for worms and such to eat! It hides out under the shrubbery by our back deck during the day, and I see it nearly every night when I take the dogs out.

3 Likes

They eat a lot of bugs, including ticks.

1 Like

I’m on heightened alert because we have one in our yard as well. I haven’t seen it, but Tiki and neighbor have. I don’t do critters, like, I will lose my entire mind.

5 Likes

That’s kind of how I feel about skunks and copperheads.

All the rest are fine.

4 Likes

Our last ADR of the trip. Although he was wiped, he was happy to be dining there. Said he tried to get inside in 1972 when his family visited. :laughing:

20 Likes

Nice! Excellent window table too!

4 Likes

I’ve warmed up to the idea of eating here.

Hope to do so someday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sunglasses::blush:

3 Likes

Some of the things he’s said over the past week leads me to believe there was a level of success in making a (Disney) man out of him.

Today:

“I don’t want to stand in another line for the next year.
”Pause .,
“But my baby was on point. She got us Lightning Lanes.”

Prior to the trip, he did not know the definition of, or how to use the words Lightning Lane in a sentence.
:joy::joy::joy:

28 Likes