Mr. I’ll Make a (Disney) Man Out of You - Live-ish Trip Report

Let’s Get Down To Business!

It’s time for another Christmas trip. And this time it’s not just the kids and me. Dad is coming, too! :heart_eyes:
TBH, he didn’t have a choice. Last year as I was watching the Christmas party fireworks, they played
“When We’re Together” from ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” - I was a blubbering mess. A mixture of happy tears and a deep longing for my husband. It was then and there I said to myself - “I don’t care what he says, he’s coming next year.”
We’ve been to WDW together one time, and although he loved it, he said it was too much. (I ran him ragged, y’all!) :laughing:
That is why he has been uber supportive of my solo trips.

This trip will be slightly more relaxed. :grimacing::face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And he has been given the green light to tap out and go back to the room at any time. His excitement level is still pretty meh at this point, but Mr. I’ll make a man out of you. We’re at our hotel room. Early flight at 5:30. We just had dinner at Burger Theory in the lobby. Great burgers, but service was soooo slow.
He will be asleep in no time. :sleeping:
I will get the usual 2-3 hours sleep as I always do the night before Disney. :crazy_face: The kids are excited, though. They wanted to show off their ugly Christmas sweaters.

And this diva is a lady, so she would never wear anything deemed ugly.

41 Likes

We arrived at the room to find the room across the hall straight out of Stephen King’s “The Shining.”
The door appears to have been kicked in. And the lights are on. What’s worse - the front desk personnel know nothing about it. :eyes:
It’s … a … little … creepy …

If my husband wasn’t with me, I would ask for a different room. It’s a decent hotel. I stay here often. But, ummmmmmmm …

17 Likes

Holy door splinters, Batman!

:flushed::exploding_head::face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

This dude is legit asleep. How???

24 Likes

Yay! The kids will have so much fun. Love their outfits!

Until when do you stay? Any chance of a liner meet?

4 Likes

Safe travels and have all the fun!! Hope DH enjoys himself a bit too :grin:

7 Likes

Will be there until Saturday the 17th and yes, please.
Let’s do it!

6 Likes

Oh man, I arrive on the 18th! Hopefully next time…

4 Likes

Omg I can’t with the cuteness!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Glad you won’t have a Rumblestrip Randy trip this time!

6 Likes

Ok that door is pretty severely damaged for them to not know anything about it. That didn’t happen quietly you know? Creepy!

5 Likes

Dang! So close!

4 Likes

Good choice of kids. I’m very happy you chose Eeyore and friends.

3 Likes

IKR! Every noise I hear in the hallway I’m :eyes::eyes::eyes:
I was going to look out the peep hole to see if they shut the door, or turned off the lights. But I’m afraid of what I might see. What if it’s the old lady from room 237? The one from the bathtub with the rotting flesh. (‘The Shining’ is in my top 10 favorite movies. I first saw it in elementary. Clearly, it has impacted my psyche.) :grimacing::scream_cat::flushed:

10 Likes

Yay! I voted for 3 of the 5 kids. But tigger and pooh would have been on the list (actually, all of them :joy::laughing:) cant wait!

5 Likes

:+1:

I read somewhere Kubrick changed the actual room number from 217 to 237 (not a real room there) because that scene is so disturbing no one would want to stay in 217 again.

9 Likes

So happy Marie is coming!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe just put something heavy in front of your door and get to sleep.

5 Likes

This was my thought.

Wedge a chair under the door handle.

Except nobody has the proper chair for that any more.

3 Likes

I’m so excited for this trip report! Your kids are super adorbs! I hope DH has a good time!

4 Likes

Also Facebook showed me this meme right after leaving this thread. I think it’s a sign … (pun intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

20 Likes