Mr. I’ll Make a (Disney) Man Out of You - Live-ish Trip Report

Incremental steps for major changes!

6 Likes

Did you rub your hands together all maniacally and whisper “it’s working” to yourself? :rofl:

13 Likes

What was the term you used for the not-fast lanes? :thinking:

2 Likes

“It’s like a Fastpass.”
Even still - I don’t think he cared or internalized it until he had to wait in lines.

None of it meant much to him until he was in it. While he understood the concept, I don’t think he cared. He was familiar with Fastpass from our 2017 trip, but how does one help make sense of Genie+/Lightning Lanes to a newbie through mere explanation.

5 Likes

Actually I was thinking of this!!!

I’m going to have to use this myself. Hilarious! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

He does look it! :grimacing:

I was waiting for this! It sounds and looks like he did enjoy his trip, maybe not enough to join you every trip to WDW?

Thank you for the lovely and humorous TR!

4 Likes

Happy to see you @stlouie were you affected by the power outages?

2 Likes

Correct. He also said 7 nights is too much. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
But he had a good time and I can tell he appreciated it. We stayed the first night at Riviera and he was adamant it is where he wants to stay in the future. But after a few days at GF, he was in love. The views, monorail and aesthetics. He loved the Victorian architecture and furnishings. (We live in a historic Queen Anne, so I knew GF would grow on him.)
Insert maniacal laugh. :smiling_imp::smirk_cat:

@LTinNC82 mentioned a return trip in 2023. I already had one on the books, but considered canceling.
It was with careful consideration and sound reasoning I decided to push forward with it. I realized I never got to see our Bears or Dans this trip. I have to go back! :laughing:
Changed resorts from Pop to AKL for extra evening hours. When I told Tiki this he said “Animal Kingdom Lodge. Good one” and gave me a high five. He would not have expressed interest in such things prior to our trip. :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Immersion therapy worked!! :rofl::rofl:

I can’t believe you missed our bears! That surely would have sealed the deal for a return trip asap.

6 Likes

Nope. Just busy with work and Christmas.

1 Like

@SamRothstein @Jeff_AZ - I booked a flight to Sanford with Allegiant. I’m a little nervous about it, so we will see. :grimacing: To the folks who have flown into Sanford. Who did you use to get to WDW? I won’t have a car and need a stop at a grocery.

2 Likes

That’s great! :smile:

2 Likes

Florida Towncar can pick you up and take you back for one set price. A grocery stop is $10 extra, I think.

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Well, guess who has Covid. (Both of us.)

7 Likes

Boooo :frowning:

5 Likes

Well that stinks. Take care and I hope you both recover quickly. I really enjoyed following along with your report.

2 Likes

Damn this is getting crazy :grimacing:

Sorry to hear about that, I hope you won’t have it too bad.

it’s no surprise it’s spreading like this though, people are clearly not avoiding travelling if they’re sick at this point and there are noprecautions anymore so it spreads like wildfire…

3 Likes

:rage:

You must have caught it from us! Good news is that I finally have no sore throat! But hopefully it doesn’t last as long for you as it did for me. (Makes a terrible Christmas present though, regardless!)

7 Likes