@Mousematt’s Striking The Hot Iron encore — now featuring final thoughts

Whoa! Just looked up the prices in March! I can’t believe how many days are sold out with others costing $339. That is insane!

3 Likes

Boo.

1 Like

100% this. Really looking forward to following along!

4 Likes

In iceland right now so just catching up but yessssssss

7 Likes

It’s probably obvious, but the title of the thread refers to my new policy of doing things now rather than later because there are no guarantees that later is a thing.

This headline caught my eye:

26 Likes

So i am 1000% into your trip philosophy. With kids these end up looking like 1 and 2 night trips but i have been so incredibly over just… everything… that my 22 has looked/looks like this:
Jan - cancelled dcl, fl keys instead
Feb - wdw 1 nighter, nyc weekend
March - week in iceland, couples weekend in wdw
April - dcl with 1 day in wdw
May - royal caribbean moms cruise
Possible new orleans weekend
June - Mediterranean cruise
Oct - national parks
Dec - week at wdw

Because any second travel could be over again.

12 Likes

I should also add another wdw trip because i always end up adding one after one of your trip reports :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m also doing this! WDW marathon weekend 2023 for me and either Hawaii or Italy for me and my kid in 2023. Absolutely crazy but I’m realizing how much we have lost and have to be grateful for.
Have a great time!

3 Likes

Ohhh! If you keep that December trip…

Anyway I can entice you with some mock-tails, entirely too savory bite sized yumminess and overall general debachery?

10 Likes

Since his first day is at UOR, can you maybe stop there on the way to the airport and meet him for a drink or appetizers at the hotel?

Then you shave 20 minutes off your drive to MCO and he isn’t waiting too long at the airport after he lands. (I am like a slingshot to the exit whenever I land)

1 Like

It is good to know that it’s not just me. Our 2022 looks like

Jan - Girl’s trip to LA (Mexico trip cancelled at last minute by Vendor). We went to Universal Hollywood
Feb - Quick weekend trip to NYC to see shows
Mar - WDW / Starcruiser / UOR for spring break
May - Quick WDW trip to watch my brother’s marching band march at MK in parade
July - Family trip to LA and Disneyland
TBD - MNSSHP (promised daughter would take her for 16th birthday)

Due to this random set of trips, I’ll be going to both US Disney and Universal parks this year.

8 Likes

The invitation extends to @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and friends as well, but first let’s get him and @Jeff_AZ in the same space this trip!

6 Likes

I am reasonably confident at this stage that this will happen. Jeff and I have an outline plan and he’s getting all Type A with the detail.

23 Likes

Bizarrely, I’m actually still disappointed that my dates in December didn’t match with @ryan1’s.

12 Likes

Ummmm yes! 9-14

2 Likes

Ok so I’m planning logistics to meet up with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building at the airport. However, this will leave me less time to check into my hotel (Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek) and head to UOR. So I’m considering going straight to UOR from the airport.

Question: Can I leave my bag at Bell Services at Hardrock Hotel if I’m not staying there?

3 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

I don’t see why not. Walk up with $ in hand and I’m sure they will gladly take it.

3 Likes

If i wasn’t with my family, I would seriously consider driving Matt to MCO, meeting up with both him and Jeff, then taking Jeff back to UOR with me, but that could end up being a big chunk of time. Hoping to at least run into @sanstitre_has_left_the_building separately if our paths can cross at UOR between 3/20 and 3/22 and then Jeff after he’s there.

13 Likes

It’s like Super Liner Bros is happening in real life! I am ridiculously thrilled.

14 Likes