@Mousematt’s Striking The Hot Iron encore — now featuring final thoughts

News update

Sunday is my problem day. I’m on property at UOR. Crowd levels will be insane. I won’t queue in long lines.

I know I could wander round smelling the roses, but I did a chunk of that in February and actually only rode two rides the whole time.

So I held my nose and shelled out for the Express Pass. It was $330 :tired_face: but I didn’t see a way round it. The hotels that come with free EPs have very little availability and the cheapest rate I saw was about $650. Per night.

(I know one night there would give me two days of EP but then I’d have to switch hotels twice at UOR. And I don’t need two days. The other days I’m there I’ll be using Early Entry, and I’ll be working. EPs don’t work during EE and they don’t work for Hagrid and VelociCoaster.)

I will definitely need to upgrade to a Power Pass, though. On Sunday my AP is blocked out at USO. The difference in original purchase price was $50. I don’t know if they will charge the full amount or pro-rate it — does anyone know?

5 Likes

Might be worth popping a post under a UOR topic to find out.

2 Likes

Yay!! I’m fully on board with planning trips as therapy. The world is a dumpster fire, so grab the joy where you can. What are your dates?

7 Likes

So… to get you to join the July Liner meet, we all just need to offer to pick up something for you?

13 Likes

Hi, I don’t see any way around not paying the $330. The lines will be so long and do you really want to wander around again. If you’re not having many table service meals you can definitely save there. The $330 is worth it in my opinion.

4 Likes

Are you planning to buy Genie+ for any of your WDW days? If you’re going in the afternoon, and if you bought Genie+ you could stack some and then have some rides ready to go when you arrive. I just got back Tuesday. Personally I felt Genie+ worked out well at MK. On our arrival day we went to MK in the afternoon and it was nice to cut down on wait times.

My tickets come with it.

2 Likes

Oh ok got it! I didn’t realize your tickets came with it. You’ll definitely be able to take advantage of that then so that’s great

1 Like

I’m going to be in Orlando in 15 days. Before I get to excited, can you clarify your dates?

I will be there Tuesday, March 22 - Saturday, March 26th. I will be at UOR the 22nd and at WDW the rest of the days.

7 Likes

How do we make this work, people?

@Jeff_AZ arrives MCO at around 3pm. My flight departs MCO at around 7pm.

9 Likes

Meet at MCO for a drink?

7 Likes

We need vastly more specificity than that.

What are the physical and temporal practicalities of someone departing MCO meeting someone arriving at it?

5 Likes

Get his flight number and meet him at the gate. Grab a drink. Is that enough detail?

3 Likes

Meet at the closest shop to the TSA checkpoint for whatever side Jeff’s flight arrives at. You can. Look up historical flights on FlightAware.com to get an idea which gates that route normally uses. For example the vast majority of Charlotte to MCO flights on American go into the 50s gates.

5 Likes

Sorry… that sounded snarky… I apologize, didn’t mean to be :anguished:

3 Likes

Meet in the food court in the center area? Map on - Getting Around MCO - Orlando International Airport (MCO)

3 Likes

This is exciting

4 Likes

Is that Express Pass cost for more than one day? I have never seen a single day charge near that amount!

2 Likes

Sorry to jump in randomly…but when is this July Liner meet you speak of?

2 Likes

Never mind, I used the handy search function and found it. I’m long gone by then; our last day is the 10th. Wahhhhh.

1 Like