@Mousematt’s Striking The Hot Iron encore — now featuring final thoughts

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn’t want to jinx it!

4 Likes

I would think so. I checked my race bag at the Swan last week and wasn’t staying there. They didn’t bat an eye.

2 Likes

When I was at Hard Rock for the OI events, I Ubered directly to the hotel, checked the luggage and ran to the event registration. They didn’t even ask for a room number. They did say that if I was staying in the parks late I might have to have the person working the night check-in desk grab the bags as Bell Services is only there until a certain time (I want to say 11pm).

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

I presume that means they won’t stop you at the security gate outside the hotel.

I will say that they didn’t then.

I don’t know current or future plans (and this is another one of those :shushing_face: things for me because as a paying guest, it can be frustrating ((I’m looking at you CR reservation dropper peeps…get off my lawn!)) when the gates/entrances/walkways are clogged up with people trying to avoid normal expected travel means)

The normal Uber/Lyft drop-off pick up is on top of the parking garage. I’m only sharing this with you because it’s you and much like my own kid asking if he can have a bowl of cereal right before dinner, I just can’t say no to you.

3 Likes

You’re going to be there as well? How is everyone all going to Orlando at the same time?

4 Likes

Here is my official policy on meeting @Tall_Paul1 and @Jeff_AZ.

I will genuinely be pissed if it doesn’t happen.

I’ve been on this site for nearly five years. Many people lurk, some people post occasionally and a few are regulars. You feel like you really get to know some people and that they are, in some modern sense, friends.

I’ve met a few liners now in real life. And they uniformly agree that I’m delightful.

I don’t know how often the coincidence of opportunity arises to meet both Paul and Jeff. But here it is presenting itself. Timings are not ideal, but it will be a real failure of will if we don’t work something out.

If I’m sounding pissy, it’s because I’ve had a bad day. I made the mistake of listening to a political news show and they were talking about how the war in Ukraine will affect us in the UK. Well, it will. And in ways that have me more concerned about my future than I think I’ve ever been.

Which brings me back to striking while the iron is hot. Fate has placed Paul, Jeff and me in Orlando at the same time. Are we to ignore her?

32 Likes

NO!

Yes. Which is why

And dinner or drinks or general strolling of some park somewhere in December with me!

Yes.

7 Likes

I would love to meet you in December. Though I will be with my three friends and that trip is about them. I’m not saying I won’t be able to make time to meet, just that it may be limited.

6 Likes

Yes, yes he is.

9 Likes

I concur!

8 Likes

Completely understandable.

That’s why I’m prepared to use bribery with fantastic food and drink if I have to.

I know it’s a super important trip for you in sharing the love of Disney with your friends. I will completely understand if the timing doesn’t work. I’ll just have to work harder at getting you to Disneyland for our birthday instead!

8 Likes

That won’t require much hard work at all.

We’ll make something work.

4 Likes

Maybe a firework/ evening show / tree meet up? Just a suggestion :grin:

3 Likes

So I think we overlap too! We are at WDW on the 12th, Starcruiser 13-15, and UOR 15-17. I know are working but l would love to meet up with you at UOR if you can.

5 Likes

Sadly, I won’t be there till the end of that week.

2 Likes

What are your December dates? We’re undecided on July or December and if we end up in Dec it would be lovely to have specific dates to aim for.

2 Likes

WDW 14-17.

3 Likes

Hold. You’ll be here next week, then June and Dec?:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes