@Mousematt’s Don’t Catch A Disease trip — Now featuring Final Thoughts

Season 2 premiers on March 11!!

6 Likes

Ooh, yay!! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Those seats do look very benchlike and uncomfortable for a transatlantic flight. They remind me of the Frontier seats wrapped in fabric. Also that looks as nice as or better than first class on most US flights. How long til landing now? And where’s the first stop?

Try to be patient with them.

Nevermind, that’s unforgivable. Anything you think of as revenge is fair game.

11 Likes

Right now, 5h11m to go. ETA 2.22pm.

After arrival? Cabana Bay. UOR closes at 7pm tonight so I may get some park action, but I’m not relying on it.

I have an ADR at Bigfire at 6.15pm, which I’m now thinking I should try to push back by an hour, just in case I do get park action.

I only have carry-on and I have Global Entry, so it’s not impossible I could get to Cabana Bay by 3.30pm and the parks by 4.30pm. Two and a half hours would be worth it, I think.

8 Likes

As I suspected, there’s no availability other than the slot I booked.

I do also have an ADR for Hard Rock 7.30pm (emergency back-up: this isn’t my first rodeo) so I may have to miss out on Bigfire.

4 Likes

We were very late to our Bigfire reservation because we hopped in the Hagrids line 1 min before close with a posted 90 min wait (less than 45min actual but had to hike to restaurant) and they still sat us. I’d try to see if they’d do that before Hard Rock.

They’ll give you the 15 min spiel but we were sat immediately when we checked in 45 min late

6 Likes

You’ve been flying forever now and aren’t even halfway? Ugh.

Here’s hoping for park time.

Having looked at both menus, I’d rather go to Bigfire so it might be worth a try. I’d have time to bail and go to Hard Rock if necessary.

Also, I’ve just noticed that Hard Rock does breakfast. That’s interesting information. And another reason not to have dinner there tonight if I can avoid it.

2 Likes

You could make up a stupid little song to sing for/with her, just something inane like:

Disney World!
Disney World!
We’re going to
Disney World!

Maybe she’ll catch on without being explicitly corrected.

5 Likes

This is why I usually fly Upper Class or, at least Premium Economy. I’m flying PE on the return, UC both ways in June, and PE both ways in December. This was a deliberate experiment: obviously it’s a lot cheaper and I wanted to see how bearable it is.

UC has lie-flat beds and on the outbound flight I could get two or three hours of sleep. I just tried sleeping now and managed about 40 mins. The seats are meagerly padded.

2 Likes

OH BOY this is just what I need to tide me over until I leave in four weeks.

4 Likes

My students may not learn much maths or physics with me, but they learn which Disney resort is in Florida. I’m a graduate of the teach-by-shouting school and if they say Disneyland they learn to turn the volume down on their headphones.

Of course, some of them know it winds me up, so they say it anyway. I hate kids.

8 Likes

What grade/age kids do you teach?

15+

Yay! They just brought ice lollies round :grin:

6 Likes

15+

Oh, I’m sorry. I have a 14 and 17 year old and I do school at home with the 17yo.

2 Likes

To be fair I love kids. Well, older ones. They have a quality adults seem to lose.

4 Likes

You may have picked the wrong profession, then…

1 Like

Okay, then it’s alright, then.

I heard this on my recent flight to Orlando too! It was especially irritating because we were coming from Seattle and west-coasters should know where the real Disneyland is!

5 Likes