MouseGirl42’s week in the World: the Serially Dopey adventures

Hey, just because I like to spread the gospel of SparkleSkirts doesn’t mean that they’re right for everyone- and if you’ve got stuff that fits and you love, especially if SS doesn’t quite, then by all means, go with what you love.

As for wearing skirts/dresses to the parks… sometimes it’s just more comfortable because of the temp, and sometimes I just want to look pretty.

5 Likes

I totally get that. I’ve mostly worn shorts and tees to the parks because I don’t want to yuck up any of my nice(ish) dresses — AND because I don’t have skimmy shorts to shield people from seeing my bits as I get on rides. But it would be fun to get to wear a skirt that has built-in shorts and POCKETS. I will have to decide if they’re in my budget. Hmmm…

3 Likes

That’s cool. I don’t even run anymore, so they’re a moot point now. :smiley:

And whatever works for you, go for it! :smiley: I have never felt pretty in dresses - I look way too awkward in them. Give me shorts any day when it’s hot.

As a friend of mine once said “That’s why God made chocolate AND vanilla.” :smiley:

5 Likes

I just want to say following your journey has me really considering an attempt at this in 2021. Running the Disney Marathon has been a dream of mine since 2010. I am wondering if after my family’s first trip in August I can convince DH to commit to another trip down for Marathon weekend in 2021 (I know 2020 would be too soon for him and I do not know if I can convince myself to get fully into training in time either as I have not been running in a long time).

1 Like

BTW, here’s today’s OOTD.

Shirt courtesy of the amazing @Dreamer.

17 Likes

Does it say Eat my pixie dust? I love it!

3 Likes

Why yes. Yes it does.

3 Likes

The coaching rule of thumb is no more than 10% increase in total miles per week and no more than 10% increase over your longest long run for your next long run. So based on that you should be ready, as long as you increase your mileage and long runs on schedule. Just also remember that the first time at any race distance should not be a race for a time: your goal should be to finish, and finish happy! Which since you would be running at Disney of course you will be!

4 Likes

Great pic.
I like the way that shirt turned out–hope you do too.

3 Likes

I do! :heart:️:green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I may have to get some of those!

1 Like

Final prerace meal before the marathon: my traditional Trattoria al Forno.

I must be slipping because, delicious as it was, I couldn’t finish.

Also, my lovely server brought me something, as I was wearing my “I’m celebrating” button as usual.

It was lovely.

17 Likes

I love the mermaid sparkle skirt! I also saw it in capris on the website. Do you need leggings or capris with the cold weather or would you be too hot running? (If you haven’t noticed, I have been trying to figure out some things about the Princess half marathon weekend from following along with you!) You look great by the way! Hope you get a good night sleep tonight. Will there be another sparkle skirt for tomorrow?

2 Likes

Definitely! My goal would be to cross the finish line without being swept. I would be running on my own and it is a little scary but the whole experience just seems like it would be so worth it. It feels like it would be a shame to miss it, especially since I will already be there

1 Like

Vaguely related to the past series of posts, I really enjoy touring in a kilt - but after an especially “awkward” episode involving getting in and out of the Astro Orbiter, I break with traditional Scotts tradition…

9 Likes

So, first off, I’m now at four days -> four SparkleSkirts. Today’s features butterflies; I’ll put my “flat me” picture up in a sec.

For Thursday and Friday, I did wear some running tights under my SparkleSkirt, because I was cold and wanted the extra warmth. Yeastersay and today it’s skirt only. In fact for today’s race we already got a weather advisory from runDisney - because it’s expected to be a day that’s on the hot side for running, and 26.2 will take us most of the morning (some into the afternoon, too).

As for the goal of crossing the finish line unswept, that’s a fantastic goal. So much so that it’s mine today, as my training this season has been not good.

10 Likes

Alright, here I am up and on the bus for the marathon today! Flat me:

I’m planning adhere to a pretty strict run/walk/run interval today from the beginning - it’s easier to speed up at the end if I’m feeling good than to keep going if I feel terrible early.

Just want to cross the finish line and get my 3 medals! (Marathon + 2 Challenge medals)

16 Likes

Thinking of you. Wishing you strong legs.

1 Like

Good luck!