MouseGirl42’s week in the World: the Serially Dopey adventures

i think he may have been at the 5K Thursday — I saw someone dressed exactly like this, and he was featured on the jumbotron

1 Like

Yes, he was.

I thought I said that LOL

the entry to the park was on the other side of Futureworld, but general there is a huge amount of backstage construction so probably all due to the general disruptio. they better not skimp on the World Showcase finale loop (its usually mile 25-ish) tomorrow or i might have to summon Maleficant.

3 Likes

I have absolutely no need for one because I am very much NOT a runner, but… but… ooooh so shiny! Like, maybe I DO need one for my next trip??

1 Like

Bad news: she burnt up last summer… :dragon_face:

2 Likes

WAIT – THERE ARE POCKETS!!! Truly the holy grail of lady clothes.

5 Likes

I just find them a little expensive. They must be worth the splurge?

Which length do you have on in these photos? I’m always worried about my adequate derriere showing.

4 Likes

Congrats on getting the half behind you. Enjoy your day of rest.

3 Likes

My sparkle skirt is my favorite thing to run in!

2 Likes

Also, super comfortable for walking around all day due to the running shorts underneath! & POCKETS!

2 Likes

I’m the weird duck who tried one and didn’t like it. Running Skirts or Skirt Sports? Awesome fit for me. Sparkle? Slightly too big or too small and just felt weird all the time - so couple that with them being more than the ones that fit well for me, and I was a hard pass on Sparkle.

I also never got the appeal of wearing skirts/dresses (running or otherwise) in the parks. Give me shorts, yoga capris, or even jeans over a skirt or dress any day. LOL.

2 Likes

Congrats to @MouseGirl42! I have been enjoying checking in on your trip and races! Thanks for posting for us all to share in the fun.
I just ordered some sparkle gear for the Princess half marathon. I didn’t know the skits came in different lengths!? I hope mine is the long version since I have some derriere I want covered as well. It should come soon so I can check it out and post some info.
A question that I keep wanting to ask someone who has done these races is if they think it is possible 8 weeks of training to run a half marathon. My friend and I signed up for the 5K but I originally really wanted to try for the half. I wanted to stay with my friend and chickened out at registration time. Now that I have been cross training all fall, I tried running a 5K at home and it was pretty easy.
The 10K is sold out for Princess but the 1/2 is still available. I started a training program 2 weeks ago and will try my first 7 mile run tomorrow. I thought if I can make it through that then the 1/2 in 6 weeks now may be possible?

I would still run the 5K and then 2 days later the half marathon. Also I live in Maine so with the ice and cold temps I’ve been training a lot on my treadmill, not ideal. I keep wavering between “I am pumped and can do this” and “I think I am insane for considering this”

2 Likes

Here’s where we definitely part ways! In summer, there’s nothing more comfortable to me than a sundress in the parks!

In the winter I did like wearing my denims or capris though. Also my running or yoga pants

1 Like

To be fair, I was never a dress girl anyway. But I cannot imagine trying to do rides in a dress. Talk about awkward! LOL.

2 Likes

Goodness not at all! Also, I wear slipshorts underneath for the chub rub so I don’t worry that I’ll be showing anything off

4 Likes

Cool it works for you. :slight_smile:

I’ll stick with regular shorts. I look weird in skirts and dresses anyway.

2 Likes

Nah, the GotG building is off on the right between .2 and .1 before the finish line. We’ve run right past it 3 times already, and will again tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes there are pockets! I can put all of my race fuel (even for the marathon!) in my thigh pockets and have plenty of room for my phone in the zipper.

2 Likes

I sure think they are worth the splurge. I’m wearing the SwingStyle… though if you’re concerned that’s too short there’s always HikerChic!

2 Likes

Well, while I don’t generally care to add to people’s insanity, here’s my story.

My first half marathon, 7 years ago this weekend, I trained for in 12 weeks. I started with virtually no base (1.5 miles but only 2x/year), and was ready for race day.

You’re already starting with a solid running base, and it sounds like you’re up to 7 miles this weekend.

If you’re adding 1 mile per week to your long run, then you’re on course to hit the half in 6 weeks.

That’s a very reasonable increase, and, some trainers say you’ll be ok on race day as long as you get to at least 10 during training.

Only you know you, but, based on what I’ve read, it seems to me to be doable.

1 Like