Motion sickness on Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind?

3 Likes

Waiting to hear from Liners on this topic. My DS has pretty much ruled out this attraction due to comments on YouTube videos.

1 Like

I follow the #disneycastlife on Twitter and so far none of the members who have previewed the ride have noted any discomfort. There was an article in Orlando Sentinel today from a reporter who rode and said it did have potential for motion sickness and advised riders to look forward and not around. Our trip is in 34 days and I’m waffling more about this ride than I did about the skyliner (which I love lol)

2 Likes

A few days ago, Mike had this great article, with lots of specific details.

2 Likes

There’s a bunch of posts in the thread below about people who have ridden GotG and their experience with motion sickness or the lack thereof, especially the most recent posts.

2 Likes

Unless everyone is projectile vomiting at the exit, this is another example of some people are more sensitive than others.

IMHO - If you have even the slightest problem with motion sickness you should do something preventive before entering any theme park.

(So many people try to be “tough” or just lazy and don’t bother to do anything until it’s too late… just like with sunblock!!) :face_vomiting: :hot_face: :nauseated_face:

5 Likes
4 Likes

That is a pretty terribly designed exit.

8 Likes

I’m getting some less drowsy Dramamine, making a ILL purchase for later in the day, and going for it! What’s the worst that can happen?

4 Likes

You fall down the stairs and break ish apparently. Poor lady.

3 Likes

I was already concerned about motion sickness. Since I have difficulty with my depth perception going down stairs, I am not even trying this ride. Plus, I think the rapid movement could be a problem with my retinas.
I had really been looking forward to this ride.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you won’t be able to ride.

2 Likes

It’s an amazing ride. But it’s JUST a ride. A few minutes of our trip. I’d never risk my eye sight for it. Ever. :heart:

Give yourself permission to not be bothered by it. If we turned on all the lights and walked through the cavernous space that houses us we’d see it’s just metal and screens and four minutes of our life spent in there. :heart:

7 Likes

Yes there’s that. OMG who designed that exit? Is there an area to sit a rest for a second before heading down that? What about people with mobility issues? Yikes

3 Likes

Agreed. If on doubt don’t ride. It’s just a ride. If you feel sick the rest of the day or even next it’s not worth it.

2 Likes

I don’t recall any space to stop and wait. There is an elevator to avoid the stairs, but IIRC it means waiting for the one small elevator to the top of the stairs, and then walking across the top landing to another elevator to go get to the exit. (The stairs after the rider must be going up and over something in the ride.)

4 Likes

There is an elevator for those with mobility issues. I don’t recall if there is anywhere to sit I just remember holding on to the rail and taking it 1 step at a time.

2 Likes

I’ve used the elevators each time. Those stairs were too challenging looking. But I don’t know how obvious the elevator is bc I immediately start looking for one when I see stairs

6 Likes

Yes there is a little metal bench you can sit down and recover on. I also was shocked when we got off the ride and I saw those stairs… oh, @$&@ no!

3 Likes

I did see the elevators.

I used the stairs mostly because all our bench sitting all week had left me still fairly mobile, also because the ride didn’t have a dizzy component for me, and I took my glasses off while ascending (fewer depth perception difficulties).

It did instantly occur to me: really?!!? stairs?! why?

I feel for anyone that falls at Disney. I have nearly fallen so many times. Scary.

2 Likes