Motion sickness on Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind?

Dug up this post to add my experience. I am one of the most motion sickness-prone people ever. I get it if I’m not the one driving a car. I don’t do backwards well at all. I can’t watch a spinning ride, let alone go on one. I was dead set against going on GOTG for all these reasons.

This week, I’ve had to close my eyes on rides that never bothered me in the past. Space Mtn was one and done. Even BTMR got to me, but I think that was due to how many rides we had just done in quick succession. RnRC I had my eyes closed for over half of it.

Today I got a BG for the 3 in my family who wanted to ride GOTG. When they got off, my husband told me he was sure I’d be ok on it. I was still unsure but he knows me and my motion issues, so I booked another BG so I could go. My daughter used my other daughter’s band to ride with me (who hadn’t ridden with the others and didn’t want to).

Miraculously, I was fine! I closed my eyes when the turns got intense and just stared ahead in the moon room. I also pinched my hand to help distract myself. It was fun, I still experienced the ride, and I didn’t get sick or have after effects. Just wanted to share for others who may have my level of motion issues.

8 Likes

So glad you got to try it!!!

And amazing that BGs were still available! :flushed:

3 Likes