Molly left All Ears

She started a new company Mammoth Club

3 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

Oh yeah I had heard this a few weeks back.

I’ll be curious what that’s about (her new company)

Unpopular opinion I know: she kind of grates on me, TBH.

10 Likes

Not unpopular. I agree.

7 Likes

Oh phew. LOL

4 Likes

So here’s the thing – I don’t think my feelings are exclusive to her.

Once, I really enjoyed watching her.

But then she grew in popularity and her approach changed dramatically.

And it happens to all of them, honestly. I’m watching fearfully as it seems to even be starting to happen with Paging Mr. Morrow They become “hosted” and “sponsored” and then it becomes a full on marketing job vs sharing their actual, unedited experiences. Which I get to a degree, right? Because even on my TA page I will share just the very best of the experience.

But I still hate it when it starts feeling curated and fake.

Off my soapbox now :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I think you’re right.

1 Like

Yup!

I noticed that with some of PMMs videos, but I feel like he mostly does that on ones that really are sponsored and still has some candid ones as well. I haven’t watched nearly as many videos since my May trip though. The disenchantment is spreading.

3 Likes

I like Molly. I think there was a distinct shift in content when DFB bought All Ears (or was it the other way around?). The channels started to feel very similar. PMM annoys me.

4 Likes

I kind of got the feeling that she left All Ears because she wanted to be able to make content her own way. Hopefully there will be a noticeable difference in her new videos. I enjoyed the Food & Wine video she made with Alan.

5 Likes

That would be welcomed!

4 Likes

We really love Molly. I can see how she might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Her knowledge and passion for Disney is amazing. Her videos for Mammoth Club have been really good so far. She seems more relaxed and watching her interact with her husband, Alan is nice. He cooks and is probably more of a foodie than she is. I agree she left Allears so she could do the content she wanted the way she wanted. I’m excited to see what they do with this. They are using several different types of media which I think is smart these days even though we won’t try to follow all of them as it’s too much for us.

5 Likes

We just started following PMM and I can see how he could annoy people. So far we have been selective about which videos to watch.

3 Likes

Oh yay!
Love Molly!!

@QwertySC tagging you here because you recommended Molly to me :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Is he the jacked one?

Who?

2 Likes

I actually dislike blogs where the person doing it is the centre of attention.

Look at what I’m eating.
Here I am at XYZ resort.
etc

I want to see the resort, the room, the merchandise, whatever. Not some personality interjecting into the shot.

So I much prefer say Josh from ResortTV1 doing his relaxing strolls or resort tours; he may or may not be narrating but he isn’t in the shot the whole time.

AllEars removed all their old resort tours and the new ones seemed to have Molly in the picture most of the time.

6 Likes

I still haven’t forgiven @jeremy1002 (is that the right one?) and Ryan for stopping BSOM. If anything, my rage has increased.

8 Likes

Paging Mr Morrow :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Yes Alan is the jacked one. He’s also Molly’s husband and is “allergic “ to sleeves :joy:.

4 Likes

Woah. Hot couple.

4 Likes