Molly left All Ears

:100:

1 Like

I like ones that are a mix of the two the bestā€¦ like, you can talk about your personal opinions and experiences with the subject while you film the subject, not yourself. Sometimes I donā€™t necessarily want in depth video of the actual subject (because spoilers) or its not allowed, and thatā€™s when you turn the camera on yourself.

2 Likes

In addition to @mammoth_club on instagram they each have their own @molly_mcawesome and @just_alan91, so does their friend @mrduckfist whose name is Max. They all met while working at WDW.

2 Likes

Do you know what the name of their podcast is?

The only Disney blog I follow is DFB, and while it is highly curated, it never seems fake. It feels like a professional travel show that youā€™d see on TV, but AJā€™s voice is super calming, yet effervescent. Their videos are factual but donā€™t usually go into the super secret details and cheats. (Thatā€™s why I have TP and this forum!)

And there are no vloggers in their videos - just shots of the parks, restaurants, etc. I donā€™t really like seeing influencers in park videos. They all kind of annoy me. Iā€™d probably feel the same way about AJ if she was on screen.

8 Likes

Not all bloggers are bad. :wink:

10 Likes

so, are you admitting something here? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

According to discord itā€™s zetus-lapetus and will start 8/15. They are watching all the DCOMs in order and talking about them. Itā€™s not something weā€™re interested in but I did try searching it for you and itā€™s not out yet. Here are the content schedules from their discord server.

I think itā€™s easiest to follow them @mammoth_club on instagram they are pretty good about using it as a hub of information. I have used discord for games so I did follow them there but mostly just to get content information notifications. Itā€™s too overwhelming otherwise. In the bio for the club there is a linktree that has all the things but no podcast yet because it isnā€™t out yet (at least thatā€™s my take). Weā€™re mostly YouTube and some of the streaming. That is on Maxā€™s twitch and has recordings from the past 30 days. Check out the launch party videos. And if the Oreo tasting one is still up itā€™s a fun too. Hope some of this helps.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s super helpful thanks! I tried discord and it completely overwhelmed my senses. :joy:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t say anything about myself, did I?

3 Likes

You didnā€™t not though either.

6 Likes

I like Beckyā€™ Gandillonā€™s videos and articles better b/c theyā€™re based on hard data and analysis. But Mollyā€™s videos, although too touchy-feely and chaotic for my taste, are probably among the better non-techy ones out there, and may appeal to some.

5 Likes

These are aMAZing. Not that she couldnā€™t pull off a personality-based vlog, but I think itā€™s to her credit that the videos are fact-based and analysis-driven, while being simple enough for anyone to understand.

4 Likes

Understood! Glad I could help! I have enough to read here but I think itā€™s cool they want to make a community, Iā€™ve already got that here :blush:! But the world needs communities, so Iā€™m happy they are doing that. Iā€™m sure many (probably younger) people would prefer discord to this forum, fortunately there is room for both.

Yes, Molly has affiliate links and sponsors but it doesnā€™t bother me at the moment for a couple reasons 1) they started because people kept asking about her makeup and clothes because she always looks so good in the parks even when it is a bazillion degrees out and 2) she has just walked away from a full time job and without knowing if their gamble would payoff or not. Doing that now takes guts and I donā€™t begrudge someone bringing in some income. Right now her ads seem focused on Disney themed which makes sense. Iā€™m hoping that means she is being selective. But if I donā€™t like it then I donā€™t have to follow her on instagram.

2 Likes

Just the other day I was wondering what happened to Molly. I follow on IG and havenā€™t seen her for a while. Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t care for her former coworkers. Molly has personality, is fun and funny. For the others, it seems like they are trying too hard. Like @Jeff_AZ - AJ is the exception. Her videos are upbeat and professional.

8 Likes

You know, I was just wondering the other day looking at Insta and all the MNSSHP things where she was in the AllEars ones. Now I know!

3 Likes

Yup. Iā€™m neutral about the others. But Molly has something special.

Yeah, thatā€™s a ballsy move. Not great for AllEars, either.

Agree. But DFBā€™s social media presence is click-baity as hell. I hate it.

8 Likes

Totally agree. I just like watching the videos, not so much the social media posts. Though their articles on food can be very thorough.

5 Likes

He is also actually allergic to pine nuts, I believe, and he is color blind. The things you can learn on YouTube videos.

2 Likes