MK Dessert Party

No worries! This was good info as well. :blush:

1 Like

Funny DH and i were just talking about maybe doing this in October. There is absolutely NO WAY DS will tolerate the crush of people in the hub area or Main Street USA, and the HC viewing areas fill very early… We were debating whether to do treats and seats or the standing one at the plaza garden. I worry about the standing only one as he’s in a wheelchair and everyone standing would block his view.

1 Like

If I’m remembering correctly I think they do have some roped area in the party area specifically for wheelchairs. It might not be a great view though if people in the hub crowd near that area though. It might be worth it to do the seats one and just arrive early.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking - especially since we are only 3 and the smaller tables seem to be concentrated near the front.

1 Like

That’s probably what I would do. Just note those tables are pretty tightly packed so you may have to get DS settled early and the adults wiggle their way to and from the buffets.

2 Likes

WDW prep had a trip report last week in which a family used the wheelchair designated watching area and said it was really great. there was a gap in front so people weren’t directly blocking wheelchair views. I believe it was in front of Casey’s corner, towards the hub but to the left (if you’re facing the castle) but the guest gives a very specific location description.

But that’s just a general HC viewing area. I’m not really feeling the idea of taking a chance that it won’t already be filled up, or more crowded that day.

Here was a reality check for me on dessert party: out of curiosity I looked up the cost of the fireworks cruises. Looking for something new and different and special to celebrate DDalmost18s graduation.

It is listed as $399. I balked.

And then I realized that’s how much the dessert party would cost our family.

:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

If the cruise was just your family on a smaller craft then it might be worth it.

That was the one that is for up to 10 people. So it would be just us at that price

2 Likes

oh, that might be nicer b/c you won’t have to compete for a place up front. And don’t they bring snacks for you too?

Get some other people to go in with you to defray the cost.

Yes. The thing was that when I saw it as a whole price it seemed too much without question. Even as I know 119 per person is too much for a fireworks show. My point is that seeing it that Way made it clearer to me than before that I find it excessively priced. Even as I already knew that.

2 Likes

No. The point would be to do something special as a family. But if I was going with a friend group absolutely that would be wise thing to do

2 Likes

Putting it that way, I agree about the pricing.

Ok I’m new to this.
Be gentle.

So the cruises give you a view of the fireworks and these dessert parties are billed as fireworks dessert parties.

But isn’t the challenge getting a spot where you can see the projections?

In other words, the cruise doesn’t really give you a view of the tricky aspect of Enchantment, right?

2 Likes

We did 2 private fireworks cruises back in the day with friends. (The same friends both times actually.)
One for Illuminations and one for Wishes.
The Illuminations one was for DHs 30th birthday and we ordered a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for the cruise. That one was totally worth it imo. The Wishes one was fun, but the newer shows just don’t work as well from a distance. You miss the projections and stuff.
The on board snacks is just sodas and chips unless you make other arrangements.

4 Likes

You don’t get a view of the main street projections w/ the seated fireworks party either.

True but you do get the castle ones. There’s not a ton of viewing areas where’s you can get the castle and the main street projections.

2 Likes

too true and sad
I could see a bit of the main street projections from the dessert seat but you cannot watch main street, the castle and fireworks all at the same time from there. I think being here would do it.

1 Like