MK Dessert Party

I read the line jumping thread, or part of it anyway earlier. That I wouldn’t do/haven’t done. I guess I viewed this a little different since it wouldn’t change any outcomes for anyone else regardless if half our group was there or the entire group. It wouldn’t cause another group to wait any longer.
I am however thinking that if the tables in the back have a less than desirable view that we would be better off with the pre-party as it wouldn’t cut into park time much more than the treats and seats if we have to line up so far in advance.

Yes, it’s poor viewing! Our family did one some years back and were seating in the rear and could see NOTHING. We were very unhappy that we paid extra to see fireworks but didn’t get to see them. Passive aggressively my DDs bagged a bunch of treats in retaliation :grimacing:

I do not know if they have assigned seating or if it’s first come first served. I think it’s fine to have a couple people for a reservation like this bc as you said it is reserved space. I would plan on having everyone there at the time they start seating people though. Not having your whole party there may result in them seating you at a less desirable area. The whole space isn’t very large, but most of the tables for larger parties are farther back under the overhang than tables for smaller parties.

1 Like

I’ve only ever done the after party, but I was just coming here to say that I think the tables at the front are all smaller. I don’t know the size of the party for the OP, but it’s something to think about.

1 Like

We are 5 so that would definitely solidify not doing seats and treats for me. Going to try to get a pre-fireworks party.

1 Like

Have you considered the after party? I prefer that one. There’s no pressure to eat quickly so that you can snag a good spot in the garden. We mosey in about 30 minutes before the fireworks, grab a spot on the back railing, and enjoy. Then, while the masses are trying to get out of the park, we enjoy our treats :cake:

2 Likes

I just found this on DFB, so apparently they will seat a party of 5 on the railing.

1 Like

If it was just me I’d be totally into the after for all the reasons you gave above but I’m already slightly concerned about the long day with my nephew. We are taking a break but Enchantment is starting at 9 when we are going and I don’t want to start the trip pushing it too far. It’s pretty late as it is already. Luckily Epcot is the next day and we will all be able to sleep in a bit, especially him.
Our second MK day is going to be on the day the park closes early for the cast member event so this is our only chance to see the fireworks.

2 Likes

I’ve been to every type of dessert party at MK.

1. The best views are from the Plaza Gardens. Stand at the back by the railings, get there 45 mins to half an hour before the show. The after-party made more sense to me in terms of timings.

2. The food offering is substantially diminished compared with pre-COVID and is poor value for money. The drink offering seems reasonable, but I don’t drink so cannot advise.

3. The parties are very crowded.

4. Enchantment is not a patch on HEA and I will not pay for a dessert party again. I used to regard it as a non-negotiable essential. The increased cost, diminished food offering, increased crowds, and much worse show make it not remotely essential for me.

5. Harmonious at Epcot is vastly better. And won’t cost you a penny extra. I have the impression that this is a widely held view.

5 Likes

We have our first ever after party booked for 4/1, 9pm Enchantment. Should we check-in for wristbands at the normal time (8:00 I think, I was planning to get in line around 7:30) but hold off actually going to the viewing spot til 8:30 or so?
Is the back railing a good spot with short kids? (My 7 year old is dinky).

1 Like

I know you watched Harmonious from a number of different locations. What was your absolute favorite viewing spot? (Traveling in a group of 4 adults.) We are staying at the BC, so not much concern about getting out of the park quickly to line up for transportation.

2 Likes

My 7yo is shrimpy too! Barely 46", poor little guy.

You can get in line early for check-in, but I don’t really see a need to. I will probably check-in about 30 - 45 minutes before th fireworks start and walk straight over to the garden.

1 Like

I’m not who you’re asking and I’ve only seen it once. But I watched from the border of Italy and America and it was a fantastic view of stargate and tacos. We only arrived about 20 minutes before the show IIRC and there was only one group closer/on the rail than us. This was on busy marathon weekend, and also on a Friday night. I’ve circled the location in red

4 Likes

Thanks so much! So, what I am trying to understand is this: is there a “front-stage” view? Or, is it more 360, so that as long as you have an unobstructed view, you will see everything?

The exact opposite area would be the other face-on view i(n front of the numbers 68 and 69). Where you enter WS from FW

It’s definitely not 360 view. Though people do seem to enjoy the sideways views where you can see tacos but not stargate (such as from France/UK border)

My impression is that the front-of-house view is better because the Stargate and tacos are nearer to you. That map is, I think, deceptive because it makes it look like they’re dead centre of the lagoon. And I don’t think they are.

2 Likes

Thanks! We always liked to watch Illuminations from Canada (while eating Cronuts from Refreshment Port :smile:). Would you consider that front-of-house?

No. Front-of-house is where the old FPP viewing area was. It’s the northern side of the lagoon, closest to SSE.

1 Like

Front-of-house is the large circled area. That can get very crowded, unless you’re right at the front and you probably need to be there an hour or more early.

I bagged a spot at the smaller circled area about half an hour before the show, and that worked out twice. But I was travelling solo and it’s easier to slip into gaps.

I do think that general area is the best view, but there are other good views to be had that are much easier to get.

1 Like

Thank you!
(Sorry @MickeyFan555 for hijacking your thread!)

1 Like