MK Dessert Party

Anyone have a recent opinion or advice on the dessert party as far as doing a pre-party or treats and seats?
It would be nice to sit after a long day but I’ve never done a dessert party before and am unsure of what the view looks like if you don’t get a table in the front.
We originally were going to try for Celebration at the Top but with the dress code and it is advised not for children under 10 and my nephew is 4 1/2 decided to stay in the park. Has anyone attended with younger children and in park attire?

I recommend getting there early to ensure a seat in the front. The treat options are limited. More sweets than savory. Cheese and crackers. I don’t remember how many beer choices. I think there were two wine choices or maybe three: red, white, rose. Sitting w/ a view was really nice. The snacks were not worth the price of admission, but you can easily drink enough to satisfy the bill :wink:

1 Like

Celebration at the top seems very adult to me from every review I’ve seen. I think the fireworks party would be better. It’s definitely mostly sweets, but they are ddcent and will fill you up along with the cheese, crackers, and fruit. They had Bud Light and Blue Moon, a chardonnay, a champagne, and a red wine too. @vcka and I actually did this together and had a great view, but we did arrive very early to ensure that. I’m not sure it’s worth wastinf that much park time though unless you just really want that dessert party experience.

2 Likes

How early would one arrive to get the great seats you have shared with (was it @LTinNC82 ?)

1 Like

We were there 30 min before they opened up checkin and there was a line forming

Help a girl out.

What time was that?

1 Like

LOL… gosh @LTinNC82 did we get there about 5:30pm? sunset was 6:30

1 Like

Let me see if I can check my notes.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: you took notes… when did you do that :rofl: ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I just checked my picture timestamps. We got in line right at 6pm and were seated about 6:45. 99% sure Enchantment started at 8.

Lady we were several drinks in before arriving, my memory is definitely a tad hazy.

4 Likes

:shushing_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! This is very helpful!

2 Likes

A few pics from the night. The first is the line when we arrived.

7 Likes

Thanks. Mainly needed the suggested arrival time for those seats of yours.

3 Likes

This was super helpful, thank you so much for the feedback.
I think we’d be losing about the same amount of park time by doing the pre-party as well so it may be worth it for the good seats. There will be 5 of us.
Does anyone know if you all have to be there to check in at the same time or can I send grandma and grandson to reserve the seats while we try to get in a space mountain ride?

oh, I bet you could just send the grandparents ahead to get the table situated :wink: What do you think @LTinNC82 ?

1 Like

Hey now… I have avoided that line jumping thread for a reason. Let’s not start a new one. :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

You and me both, babe

1 Like

I wonder if they would refuse to seat you until the whole party was there like they do for an ADR?