Menu for Space220 - now up, plus booking info

I’m pleased with the kid’s menu. It deviates far enough from most of the standard offerings, but still includes the staples. My kid never wants to get creative with his food. I had to chase him around the house with a spoon to get him to try bbq sauce (he hated it).

1 Like

I had basically talked myself out of attempting to dine here when the talk of high end prix fixe menu started making the rounds, but the price here is reasonable enough and the kids menu offers enough options that I think we’ll give it a shot and see if we can get in.

1 Like

Chicken Meatballs sound less than appetizing as well. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Plain is fine (we always looked for plain), but a big no on the chicken meatballs.

I think Space 220 is going to have an identity crisis. A cool restaurant concept that would appeal to families … but with food/pricing for couples looking for a relaxing, high end dinner out … and food names that would sound interesting to 10 year olds.

What is this place trying to be?

Space 220 sounds like a fun family experience, but the menu/pricing is more of something I’d expect at an upscale restaurant at one of the deluxe resorts. I was excited about Space 220 until seeing this … now it is a pass for my family.

I can’t remember which restaurant company is operating Space 220, but I think they really blew it on this one.

3 Likes

They could dine with my 6 year old who won’t eat pizza or mac n’ cheese.

3 Likes

True, but just bc of capacity reasons I never assume any fish is local at Disney unless specifically labeled so.

My dad was a charter boat fisherman in the Keys for 25 years. I do miss having access to all the dolphin fish, grouper, snapper and stone crabs, but not enough to move back there! Lol.

1 Like

I was actually hoping for a little more special on the food side. These just mostly look like fancy names on comfort food to me.

CENTAURI BURGER*
  Burger and Fries
FLAT IRON STEAK*
  Steak and Mashed Potatoes
ROASTED FREE-RANGE CHICKEN
  Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts
BAKED MACCHERONI
  Mac-n-Cheese and Broccoli

I mean, don’t misunderstand, it all looks delicious to me. I love those comfort foods! I just thought, for the price, there would be some more adventurous offerings.

This will probably go on my “to-do” list, for someday. I’m sure before we go back, DD will be 10, which makes it pricy. But, she’d want an adult meal anyway.

I do love the punny names.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think a lot of it sounds good but my family would not. I also have a hard time justifying $55 for a Caesar salad and cheeseburger for lunch. Prix fixe rarely works for us, so this is a disappointment to me. I’m sure Disney will be devastated to lose my business. :wink:

4 Likes

Interesting that the adult dinner at Space 220 is more than BOG/CRT but the child’s dinner is less.

2 Likes

Menus are up on the official site.

https://www.space220fla.com/

3 Likes

They don’t specify the quality… so I am initially skeptical, but the Prime Ribeye at Le Cellier is almost $60 on its own… add an $18 app and a dessert and you are almost 100 for that meal…

2 Likes

This was the price I paid in Chattam, MA this summer - and really all over the Cape… But there was a bit of a tight supply this summer. However the rolls on the Cape are HUGE… almost too much for one person. I doubt Disney’s are the same size…

2 Likes

Not sure if this was said but I see you can book reservations starting on Sept. 20 for Sept. 27 and after.

Walk ups Sept 20 to 26 only.

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Booking news.

From the 20th to 26th it will be walk-ups only.

Reservations from the 27th can be made starting the 20th (opening day).

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/space-restaurant/news/14sep2021-reservation-and-menu-details-for-space-220-coming-soon-to-epcot.htm

1 Like

I’m sure I read this when it was announced (decades ago), but what’s the significance of 220?

1 Like

I think? 220 miles above earth

5 Likes

+1 This :arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up:

2 Likes

Ugh… That means my chance of getting in is slim. I’m in Epcot on the 20th, but not until 2 PM. I imagine all the walk-ups will be gone by then.
I could cancel my MK APR and CRT breakfast to flip to Epcot, but I have to think about whether I want to.
The FOMO is strong.