Menu for Space220 - now up, plus booking info

I like the themed names.
I guess I have the sophistication of a 3-8 year old :wink::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I can go a little more sophisticated than the kids’ menu, but not much. DH would go for the NY strip steak.

I can’t imagine paying $29 for DS9 to pick at his food.

2 Likes

i only picked out the worst of the worst. i have some sort of bad ones that didnt make the cut

I would eat some of the adult menu but I just don’t really want my food to be that fancy.

2 Likes

My seven year old told me he doesn’t like cheese anymore, so right there with you.

2 Likes

Sounds like RHCP lyrics.

The New England Lobster Roll is a no.

Even the 10oz version at my favorite local lobster roll joint is only $36. I’m not paying $34 for a flight bite size roll that will probably be no better than CHH version (which is good but not Beach Plum good)

2 Likes

But not a flight bite sized roll I’m sure.

Yeah that’s insane I agree.
I think I paid slightly less for a Connecticut Lobster roll (no mayo, drawn butter) at my favorite place in tourist trap Mystic!

Also- Connecticut Lobster roll > Maine lobster roll every day. Mayo is gross!

1 Like

If I lay my hand flat, the roll fits on top, so maybe a 5 or 6 inch? I don’t know what size a flight bite sized roll is in comparison. The menu for my local joint does not say how many oz it is. When I get just the lobster salad w/o the roll, one scoop is $16. Ice cream scoop size? I wonder how much of this pricing is set by Disney proper vs the Patina Group as the operator?

Actually I checked - paid WAY less for arguably more -
A 1/4 lb of lobster on a roll is $26. A half pound lobster bomb is $44 at Ford’s Lobster in Noank CT.

ETA: 1 lb of lobster meat is about 4- 5 lobsters, so a 1/4 lb is more than you think!

1 Like

For some reason I am picturing a finger roll. 10oz is a LOT of lobster by comparison and I realize you’re paying a WDW upcharge so I’ll wait til I get home at that price.

Also, it’s not a New England lobster roll unless it’s served on a grilled, buttered New England style hot dog bun.

1 Like

Price related commentary: it has to be high enough to turn people off from just coming to check out the joint (see also: BOG for just a cupcake or cup of coffee)

5 Likes

We are super particular about our fish meals as well. They’ll never be as good as what we can get here, straight off the boat, usually caught by DH.

BOG = good point. With an atmosphere of outer space, loads of people will just want to be there just to check it out. I’m looking forward to hearing the reviews.

4 Likes

So the kids items are just the same old stuff with space themed names? That’s kinda pathetic. Is there anyone creative working there?

1 Like

I’m still wrapping my head around how SPACE-ghetti sounds even remotely normal? Like both words start with Spa…?

1 Like

It’s a catch 22. When they do adventurous food options for kids everyone complains they just want plain food. When they do plain food everyone complains the food is boring. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

There is no way that it is fresh caught in FL. Red snapper have a very small season in FL waters.

My 9 year old just told me he doesn’t like ice cream anymore.

3 Likes

Yes! I’m disappointed every time there is a Lobster Roll that has mayo on the menu

1 Like