Memorial Day Liner Meets

I’ll be there with my 2 DS’S for SWW from the 23rd-27th. We always miss 24hr day due to it being the last day of school but we will be on our way bright and early the next morning!

2 Likes

I went last year and cant wait til May. I’m bringing my DGD for her first visit.

4 Likes

Yay! Looks like there will be 2 Liner meets at MK during 24-hour day - one at midnight and one earlier in the day organized by @MOJoe. Rumor has it that there will be singing.

5 Likes

wow, my first forum post is to follow this, just in case dh is able to take 5/22 off!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Call_me_Leota! I think @MOJoe, @sceruolo and @MagicMN are planning things. I’m not sure if they’ll update in this thread or start a new one, but I’m sure they’ll try to get the word out as much as possible.

1 Like

Yes Sally and MK24 Liners, there are plans in the works!

It looks like the first meet will be in Magic Kingdom during the 24 hour day, at the New and Improved Aloha Isle. The Dole Whip Mixology Class begins at 1:30 pm. Entertainment and a group song will be held down by the Jungle Cruise at 2:00, with either a Liner JC ride or a visit to the Tiki Room right after that.

This promises to be at least twice the fun as last year!

2 Likes

@MOJoe’s meet will set the bar high! There will another one midnight/1 AM ish at MK during 24-hour day and then 1 on Saturday (probably EPCOT) and 1 on Sunday (probably AK). It’s getting close!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see all my old friends again and make new ones.

4 Likes

@FlyerFan1973, do you have a suggestion for a good Liner meet time/location at HS on Sunday, the 24th? Or anyone else who is SWW-bound? There are 2 scheduled for MK on Friday (24-hr Day) and I am pretty committed to EPCOT on Saturday. I was first thinking Dawa Bar at AK Sunday morning, unless there is a better idea to work in the SW aspect - could be some fun pictures!

Bummer, we are at AK then HS on Sat, MK again Sun, Ep on Mon…then home

All kinda set in stone with adr’s and fpp’s

[quote=“sceruolo, post:49, topic:10176”]
do you have a suggestion for a good Liner meet time/location at HS on Sunday, the 24th?[/quote]
That’s a great question. I’m pretty sure some other Liner folk will be in the park that day. I’m still trying to figure out my schedule, since I’m not sure how quickly my body will recover from the 24 hour day, so I’m not sure how much SWW stuff I’ll get done Saturday. That makes suggesting a time difficult, but for a location, there’s the Brown Derby Lounge or Tune-In Lounge. If we’re looking for pictures, then we’ll have to see what the character meet locations are this year and what other SW decorations are in the parks.

1 Like

Will the liner meets be kid friendly, rated PG? Just wondering as my Hoodlums will be following me everywhere all night long!

Well they aren’t clothing optional and we aren’t planning on singing naughty songs lol, but as with any big group each person is in control of what they do or say.

1 Like

No naughty songs? Well, you’re probably right.

3 Likes

I would love to participate! This is my first solo trip and think it would be neat to meet up with others. I have been a lurker on this board for awhile, but haven’t done any meet-ups before.

2 Likes

@Kitkatt, definately come on over. Itll be a fun time!

2 Likes

The you and I are in the same boat!

1 Like

Definitely kid-friendly - it’s Disney after all! I am sure many people will have kids with them.

But like @Outer1 said, there’s no over-arching authority governing behavior.

No recovery day from 24-hour Day? You’re hard core!