Memorial Day Liner Meets

FINAL!!!
1:30 PM Friday at Dolewhip Stand, followed by 2:00 PM group song down by the Jungle Cruise
12:00 midnight Friday at flagpole MK, town square, camera for conga line
4:00 PM Saturday at LaCava EPCOT
4:00 PM Sunday at TuneIn Lounge DHS

As much as I enjoyed Memorial Day weekend last year on my couch in front of the 24-hour Day cam and lurking in Liner Land, this year I am joining in the fray. I look forward to meeting many of you in person, and to ensure that I do that, I am planning a few meets. I plan to follow the pattern set by @DarthDopey last year and do three - one late on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I am officially solicting your ideas!

Also, taking requests here from Liner Friends who will NOT be in the world that weekend and want to feel included.

11 Likes

I’m waiting for the announcement about whether the 24-hour event will return this year before figuring out travel plans, but would like to see some other Liners if things work out. Will any of the meets be tied into Star Wars Weekends events? Or, will most folks be staying away from the Studios over the weekend?

Good question about the SWW events! Would definitely need a suggestion on that front.

Yes, totally counting on the 24-hour day announcement, too!

I’m hoping for 24 hour day, but I’ll be there none the less. I’m booked and flights booked.

Hoping there will be feel the force, but since it was a hard ticket/extra cost event, I wonder how many liners would be able to go. But it would still be pretty darn awesome to do.

2 Likes

I will probably be there for some part of the weekend, 24 hour day or not. I will probably be attending a conference in Orlando that weekend.

I’m planning on arriving mid afternoon Thurs, and spend the PM in the park. I’ll be there at RD on Fri and stay til mid-morning. Then I have to go to my conference; I should return to MK around 5 and stay as late as I can. No definite plans after that. I’ll be at the conference all day Saturday; may be able to return to the parks after 6. Conference again Sun AM; may be able to return to the parks after 2. Driving back home on Mon. But there are too many “moving parts” for me to make any definite plans. Looking forward to any meets that I will be able to make.

1 Like

Tell me where to be and I’ll show up. Just don’t make me plan. And make sure there’s booze available. Thanks for planning and giving @DarthDopey a break from cruise director duties.

2 Likes

I will be there Fri-Tues but I don’t plan or ADR. Except HDDR I have that one.

1 Like

Can I come?

1 Like

Yep you want to stay in the cabins?

1 Like

This isn’t LaCava. Behave :smile:

1 Like

Understood. You’re a man of the moment - can’t pin you down. I will just hope to catch a glimpse.

3 Likes

Lol I will be around :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be at the Studios the previous weekend and probably for a few hours on Saturday before my flight leaves that night.

1 Like

Sigh. Is it pathetic that I’m posting a comment so that I can follow along and live vicariously through all of you who are going to be there?

4 Likes

@SallyEppcot, you should think of a request - some way I can help you “represent”. I will totally do it!

3 Likes

No worries! I’m sure I’ll enjoy all the great photos and stories! I had 2 great trips last year. Now it’s my turn to watch my friends have fun. I’m really happy and excited for everyone who will be there that weekend. Really. But thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add me to the list. In a surprise turn of events we’ll be there 5/19-5/24.

@camsdad you are doing HDDR that weekend?

5 Likes

We have HDDR Sunday night.

1 Like

Awww it’s just too precious lol

2 Likes

STFU. :smile: You and Ray should come!

2 Likes