Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

:flushed:

5 Likes

9 Likes

It’s really interesting to think that people back then had a similar nostalgic relationship with earlier decades like we have with the 20th century. You can still say “roaring 20s” and everyone has a general (if idealized) idea of what things were like culturally.

10 Likes

Time is weird, right?

I’m the youngest of my siblings by several years, so I’ve always been the kid in my family.
Now that my kids are mid to late teenagers, I’m half way to 58 and crunching numbers on when I can safely retire - it recently hit me right in the face that I will be 60 very soon.

I feel like we just took my kids for their first Disney trip, but that’ll be 10 years ago next year. I’m probably 5 to 6 years out from retiring.

Mentioned that to my almost 95 year old Mom the other day and she was laughing that she’s going to have 4 retired children! :astonished:

Pants are an illusion

10 Likes

This program just started. I dont think you have to be from California to apply for a library card either. :blush:

11 Likes

This has happened to me twice recently: I’m in a meeting for work, and the client introduces a new hire to their team who I know because they went to elementary school with my kid! (Who admittedly is 24 now, but still!) So I guess I have to get to used to people I used to drive around in carpool being at work with me now . . .but it could be worse. My friend told me her doc asked her if a medical student could observe her exam, and in walks a childhood friend of her son. No thanks!

6 Likes

All of my doctor’s look like Doogie Hauser to me now! The problem is that I still feel (and probably act) like a goofy 20 something.

7 Likes

Is this a show of power? That you have access to and have been to a location that contains dead trees. I would be afraid that the trees will revolt.

7 Likes

15 Likes

I had to google that Britishism!

4 Likes

Sorry :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m assuming the bell end is the rounder end?

2 Likes

Of what? Did you google it? It may not be what you think it is! :joy:

3 Likes

Nope I was gonna see if my intuition was right but I suppose I can google.

2 Likes

Ahhhh. Nope not what I was thinking. But close.

3 Likes

My intuition was way off.

3 Likes

Mine was one males and females share. So yup I was wrong too. I was thinking like what we might call a Donkey.

3 Likes

I know what a bellend is, but I’ve no idea what you thought it was :thinking::woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

4 Likes

It’s another word for donkey here. aka an ass

4 Likes

I’m imagining the part of the bell that smacks the sides to make it ring.

Like a ding dong. Or an idiot.

6 Likes