Simpler times?

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Yes to all of those things.

4 Likes

Love these guys!

15 Likes

I used to live where they do. :-). She was in IronMan3 when I lived there and they filmed it where I work. I wanted to sign up to be an extra so I could meet Robert Downey Jr cuz swoon.

5 Likes

I loved seeing them on TAR this season! I usually don’t like it when people like them - who are on some level famous - are on the show but they seem like such really great people. I enjoyed them

6 Likes

Same! This season had a lot of NC people on it and a lot of semi famous people too.

3 Likes

16 Likes

14 Likes

OMG truth!

11 Likes

Their podcast recaps about Amazing Race were fun - a little more background on things that happened that didn’t make the show cuts.

5 Likes

15 Likes

The only thing worse is finding out they are actually quite a bit younger than you are!

3 Likes

Here’s something:

I was just validating some pregnancy test results done in my office

I saw one on the log and I thought - oh no the poor thing! hope it turned out negative!

She was born in 1993.

She is plenty old enough to be pregnant. :woman_facepalming:

And I am really freakin old

16 Likes

:joy: It’s because we are still youngsters in our own minds!

I process new hires in our city including at the community center. We are now hiring kids born in 2006 - four years younger than my DD19. Pretty soon I’ll feel like I’m on-boarding my grandchildren! Scary thought.

7 Likes

Nar, that’s good. They look old but we still look young.

5 Likes

Aren’t there laws against employing 5yo children?

Oh.

11 Likes

My reference point is still stuck at 2000. Like, both 1990 and 2012 were 10 years ago.

16 Likes

This is exactly how I feel too. Anyone born after 1990 is obviously still a child. With Y2K being a non-event for technology, it may have affected us.

11 Likes

My daughter’s high school just performed the musical 42nd Street - we were talking about the lyrics line “Little nifties from the 50’s” referencing the 1850s.

That song first came out in the 1930s and I mused that the difference in time between the 1850s and the 1930s was CLOSER than we are to the 1930s.

Mind blown.

Come and meet
Those dancing feet
On the avenue I’m taking you too
Forty second street
Hear the beat of dancing feet
Its the song I love the melody of
Forty second street
Little nifites from the fifties
Innocent and sweet
Sexy ladies from the eighties
Who are indiscret