Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Memes and Jokes (Part 1) - #10025 by mousematt.

Previous discussions:

6 Likes

19 Likes

20 Likes

Ugh…the Kermit one is so true. I swear I would get back a year of my life I’ve wasted looking for that screwdriver I was JUST using!

9 Likes

112 days until DS18 moves out.
( I will miss him. Not his dirty dishes.)

8 Likes

I lost a pair of scissors and had got to the point where I was ready to admit defeat and buy a new pair. Then I found them (when I wasn’t looking for them). They were in a cupboard. I had used them to open a box that had been in the cupboard. Once the box was opened I put the scissors down in the cupboard (why?) and left them there. For weeks.

9 Likes

You’re not so naive as to think that the flow of cash from you to him will be stopping in 112 days are you? Or that he won’t be moving back in at any point in the future if it’s convenient to him.

4 Likes

Around 161/162 for DS17. And same!

5 Likes

17 Likes

14 Likes

Me too! My DS17 turns 18 in July and just finished high school. Though it is possible depending on college choice he could choose to remain at home. I won’t miss the bowls of cereal with the hard dried milk line he leaves right next to the kitchen sink while the dishwasher has the magnet turned to dirty. :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

10 Likes

Mine is 18 at the end of August, college (16-18 here) doesn’t end till exams are over at the end of June. He already accepted a university place about 2.5 hours away. I am torn between missing him desperately and thinking how nice it will be not to have to deal with his mess :rofl:

10 Likes

Definitely no stop to cash flow as we are supporting most of his rent. I’m thinking of it as a large fee for having my kitchen sink clean.

For both of my kids, I have told them throughout their lives that I am not nagging them about chores. I’m trying to make them good roommates so they don’t get kicked out and have to move home. They are welcome to visit as often as they like for short periods of time. Anything long term will require them to pay room & board. (Which DS has been doing since he isn’t a full time student.)

11 Likes

20 Likes

We’re not talking about the fact that we’re at the start of a brand new funny thread? :partying_face:
And that it all happened automatically?? :exploding_head:

I feel like the ‘system’ may have stolen @Jeff_AZ 's thunder a bit :laughing:

Happy new joke thread liners!! :champagne::clinking_glasses::beers::tropical_drink:

14 Likes

It must be a new feature - the first 2 covid threads maxed out and it didn’t automatically make a new one.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve never seen that happen before.

7 Likes

Yes, DS is the only person in the house that I get along with almost all the time. While I’m extroverted to his introverted we think very similarly, like the same music, and have deep philosophical discussions without ever arguing. DD and DH are more different than me in values, etc. So there can be tension. I’m a little worried for losing my kindred spirit in the house. Honestly, he’s not really much of pain minus the mess. Lol

5 Likes

I loved how it ended on the locked cartoon.

5 Likes