Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

13 Likes

16 Likes

11 Likes

Image-1

10 Likes

This feels like a joke too smart for me to understand.
Mainly because I don’t understand this joke.

6 Likes

Dionysus is the god of wine and general drunken shenanigans. Prometheus, according to mythology, is punished by the gods by having his liver eaten by an eagle every day, and then regenerate overnight, to repeat the process over and over

8 Likes

Thank you, my child.

8 Likes

I’m glad you asked

7 Likes

ditto, I dropped my mythology class in college right before the first test when I realized I didn’t need it to graduate and that I had to memorize every female that Zeus slept with and what children they had.

5 Likes

I only got this because I went through a couple of the Percy Jackson series some years back. Guess I like young adult fiction. I like lots of other genres too. I’ve only ever stopped reading 2 books without finishing and both have been Oprah’s book club picks. I’ve also read some of her picks I really enjoyed but generally now just avoid them because there is only so much suffering woman story I want to incorporate into my leisure reading.

8 Likes

One of my DS’ special interests is Greek mythology. Due to his autism, his interests tend to be an inch wide and a mile deep; and because we homeschool, I end up learning way more about certain subjects than I ever thought I would. I’ve lost sight of what parts of mythology are common knowledge and what is nerd territory.

8 Likes

In my high school mythology class many years ago, we had a fun assignment of making a scrapbook of all the examples we could find of modern-day use of mythological names. For instance, there were car ads and news articles about space programs. Your son may like to do that, if he hasn’t already.

7 Likes

Good for you.

7 Likes

This is entirely weird as my wife just came in from her walk talking about an audio book and the crazy Greek myths in it. I asked her if they’d gotten to Prometheus and his liver… then scrolled to this 10 minutes later!

11 Likes

16 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

16 Likes

They are ridiculous at this age:

Or any age:

15 Likes

Am I seeing that you got to get your picture taken with the baby panda!

7 Likes