This is so true.

7 Likes

:100:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Apparently, Prince Harming didnā€™t quite know how to break the spellā€¦

6 Likes

17 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that is so messed up!

7 Likes

That really captures the complicated relationships my wife and I have had with our parents a bit too well. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Hugs :frowning:

8 Likes

18 Likes

16 Likes

10 Likes

True-ish story! One of my friends and I are pretty much like that. We had talked some to make plans for her to come to Charlotte and us to go to a Panthers game which would be the first time seeing each other in a few years. She gets here, we go out to dinner, and half a pticher in she unloads on me what a jerk her husband is and she wants a divorce but heā€™s threatened to kill himself if she leaves him and how he left her on the side of the road one day after a particularly scary drive.

Maā€™am, your memes did NOT convey this catastrophe that is your life! Wtf?

13 Likes

I meanā€¦ is there a meme that describes this?

But yikes yea thatā€™s a lot! I have one friend that Iā€™m like that with, and she withheld she was married until we were in person cause she was afraid Iā€™d judge her cause she married a dude (backwards from usual, I know :rofl:). Obviously I wasnā€™t, marry who makes you happy crazy woman! It was a very strange anxiety for her to have lol and I was a little upset I hadnā€™t gotten any marriage memes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Woah woah woah I think we need a therapist to chime in here, because that seems supremely unhealthy and codependent.

Suicide is obviously a very sensitive subject that I wouldnā€™t give direct advice on without consulting a licensed therapist, but a relationship built on the threat of suicide is just wrong.

5 Likes

Admit him to a mental hospital and run would be my advice (Iā€™ve lived thisā€¦my DSā€™s dad) Also, itā€™s verbal abuse to do that.

7 Likes

Yea I would agree with advising to seek professional help for a number of reasons, cause there was a lot of this that is so wrong

6 Likes

100% agree! Itā€™s a very toxic relationship. This convo was in 2018 and they are unfortunately still together. Her mother lives with them now so that makes me feel marginally better, but her momā€™s house was her escape so now they donā€™t have a safe space to go if he gets ā€˜in a moodā€™ as she says.

They went on vacation once a few hours from home and he got irate with them and left them there in the middle of the night. In a remote cabin. With no vehicle and no way to get home. He has attempted to get help a few times, but never sticks with it and never takes his meds. Itā€™s an awful situation and I am terrified Iā€™m going to see them in the news one day. They live on 20something acres in the moutains and he is an avid wilderness guy. It really terrifies me honestly and I donā€™t feel safe visiting her anymore. Itā€™s really sad and tragic honestly.

10 Likes

Iā€™m not sure a therapist is necessary to decide that this is totally Fā€™ed up.

9 Likes