Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

I know this is tongue in cheek but sound advice all the same :wink:

11 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes

That made me laugh way harder and longer than it should have.

:laughing:

Plethora

:laughing:

6 Likes

So yesterday I realized I’m rather a bit older than several of the women I work with. They did not know what it was to be Rick Rolled and do not know who Rick Astley is.

12 Likes

I’m about the same age as you, and I don’t know what/who those are either.

ETA: Just looked up Astley and played a song of his…I recognized the song…just didn’t know him by name, I guess.

2 Likes

I was thinking that was insane, my 17yo knows Rick Astley. But he is still very famous here, still tours, I’ve seen him guest on other people’s tours. I assume it’s not quite the same there.

6 Likes

Yeah but you’re a special case, Sheldon

12 Likes

No. He’s not been seen or heard from very much over in these parts in a long time. Except in Rick rolls.

7 Likes

TOO MANY punny opportunities in this news piece… and it’s Florida :woman_facepalming:

Tampa Bay nudists have been working on their groundstroke.

State of play: Pickleball — that mash-up of tennis, badminton and ping-pong — has exploded in popularity lately.

The rub: It only makes sense, then, that the sport would also be growing in popularity among those who call Tampa Bay’s nudist communities home.

• Clothing-optional resorts are advertising their pickleball facilities, holding tournaments, and putting in more courts to meet the demand.
  • “Nude pickleball is beating the pants off its competition,” wrote Frank Cerabino for Pickler, a pickleball news and information website and newsletter, in a story headlined “Nude pickleball is taking off.”

Zoom in: At Caliente Club and Resorts in Land O’ Lakes, the popular Nightfall Pickleball takes place every Monday at 5pm. “Grab your balls!” the flyer says. “It’s time for pickleball!”

• Pickleball popularity has grown so much at the clothing-optional Eden RV Resort in Hudson that they’re getting rid of the shuffleboard court to add another pickleball court.

What they’re saying: “We tell people, just bring your tennis shoes,” Mike Sullivan, a USA Pickleball ambassador and a resident of Cypress Cove Nudist Resort in Kissimmee, told Pickler.

Yes, butt: “All of them balls in play could be confusing!” someone called Two Bills posted on the Talk of the Villages message board.

10 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

He’s still touring in the US! I see him in July!

5 Likes

Yeah how it came up actually was that he’s with NKOTB and Salt n Pepa at a show the one woman is going to see (she is NKOTB fan) and didn’t really know who he is. And then the conversation went from there and there were only a couple of us who know him.

6 Likes

You really are an American stereotype.

3 Likes

Since my kids were small whenever I hear the word plethora I think of this old Vestibules comedy skit -
Kids used to lose it every time they played it on the Kids Place Live show on XMRadio.
Still cracks me up every time.

3 Likes

Oh he did that song with them didn’t he. I would love to go to that concert!!

5 Likes

Actually, far from it.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense.

Surely anyone who knows NKOTB knows Rick Astley???

That’s like someone knows who Goofy is, but has never heard of Pluto :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Best radio channel ever. I miss it deeply. I used to listen to it even without my kids in the car :laughing:

Favorite song was No Nothin

3 Likes