Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

Are you saying your days at work are numbered?

7 Likes

Loudly announcing facts already well known.
C’est moi

4 Likes

Love the Rocky Horror one!!!

5 Likes

I thought this was a no math zone!!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Speaking for myself; that didn’t help It just made my head hurt worse.
So I liked the post :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

The Communtative Property of Multiplication says that when multiplying numbers, you can do them in any order you want, and it doesn’t change the answer. So:

A * B * C = B * C * A = C * B * A etc.

Further, a percentage is just the number multiplied by .01, or 1 / 100.

So, if you take 8%, that is the same as saying 8 * (1 / 100). Now, if you multiply that times 25, you get 8 * (1 / 100) * 25. But, since we can multiply in ANY order we want, we can rearrange the order to 25 * (1 /100) * 8. And since 25 * (1 /100) is the same as saying 25%, we get 25% * 8, or 25% of 8.

Interestingly, unlike @missoverexcited, I actually don’t need to visualize any of it. I’m not much of a visual learner. I just have to understand the math!

7 Likes

Please stop the torture!!
:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

Well, yesterday, it was sad tales involving the demise of stuffies and pets. Today it is over-explaining math. I’ll see what I can drum up for tomorrow…

7 Likes

I wouldn’t usually think of myself as a visual learner but I guess that was how we were taught multiplication, I don’t remember. Anyway it’s all starting to make sense now.

I look forward to tomorrow’s contribution :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I could’ve genuinely commented similarly to @DreamfindersGhost, but I thought I’d give you a break today :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

10 Likes

Perhaps reasons why bacon is bad. :grin:

7 Likes

This has been my exact thought since we started talking math.

2 Likes

It’s not MY fault that you people keep posting memes that lead to such tangents.

Speaking of tangents…should we discussion how you calculate the formula for a tangent of a circle at point (X, Y) with radius of R?

:wink:

3 Likes

I can barely tolerate arithmetic. But this is strictly a NO TRIG ZONE!!!

6 Likes

Try it and I’ll ban you.

4 Likes

Okay. In that case, I’ll leave that as an exercise for @sanstitre_has_left_the_building.

3 Likes

I guess I can sin off on that. We’ll stay on topic and not go off on a tangent.

9 Likes

Cosine.

6 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building bought us all pizza earlier, now it looks like @ryan1 is offering us some pi :pie::pie::pie::pie::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

9 Likes