Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

And also…
thumb_bowtie-90s-teachers-arent-always-gonna-have-calculator-pocket-now-1296937953

19 Likes

Indeed!

4 Likes

Banned.

6 Likes

Take 25 pizzas and share them between 100 people. How much pizza does each person get?

Now take the slices from 8 of those people. How much pizza do you now have?

That’s 8 people out of 100 (8%) share of 25 pizzas. So 8% of 25.

25% of 8 is easy if you recognise that 25% is a quarter. So a quarter of 8 pizzas.

And the two answers are the same.

5 Likes

Ooh you are a good teacher!

7 Likes

What about the gluten and lactose intolerant people???
Can I eat their slices too??

What’s the topping?
Have you considered the vegans???

11 Likes

That’ll be £50, please.

6 Likes

No. You’re banned.

3 Likes

For 25 pizzas??
Bargain :+1:t2::rofl:

5 Likes

I can order my free masks from other suppliers, you know.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

13 Likes

20220107_052047

11 Likes

So cute!!! Its nice to have a little harmless fun at work.

3 Likes

You don’t need to visualize (ahem, visualise) it! It is math! Math is magic! Just ask Donald…

9 Likes

As a resident of Ontario where we cannot obtain alcohol in stores selling children’s clothing, this image took me a second.

4 Likes

I’ve never had to study advanced maths but find math comes quite easy for me, I like it and always did extra math homework in school. I didn’t know this little math rule either, I’ve actually never thought about it, lol. I think of percentages as fractions and that made this little trick make sense in my head. Not that I can give you a great explanation. (I could always figure out my kids math homework but always had to call my sister, the math teacher, to do a facetime tutor session to explain it so i didn’t totally screw up my kids)

6 Likes

The only deduction I could reach from this thread’s latest turn:

@missoverexcited is British. QED

8 Likes

I did carry on with maths at college but that’s where my understanding of it ran out :rofl: Of course percentages are way below that level but this was never taught to us!

5 Likes

Well spotted.

6 Likes