Mears Connect has arrived

I have, but my wheelchair contained my husband who is over a foot taller and about 5 stone heavier. It was an absolute nightmare!

1 Like

Did nobody else get quoted $300 no matter what they entered? My friend sent it to me last night and she had it, the I tried and I got it too. It should be $64 for me and DS!

A load of people on Facebook were saying the same.

1 Like

It does say it’s at B1 so same place as DME. And pick up on the way home 3 hours before for domestic, 4 for international. They’re literally just taking the DME stickers off the buses. And charging obviously.

1 Like

I wonder if that’s the future / normal rate. The photo of the prices does say “introductory rates.”

It will be more but I doubt it’s going to go from $32 per person to $150. I can see the premium service being $300 instead of $200, but I priced standard.

1 Like

Thank you. We do not use ride share at home or anywhere else. We’ve never used it at DW and have been fine with buses. We are also a family of 5, so I know ride share can be a little more complicated. We would probably use the Mears service, if we were going any time soon after it started. But loss of ME is one of the reasons we are taking a long Disney break.

I just priced it out for next summer and for my family of 5, it is quoting $150, which is correct. Maybe the initial bugs have worked out now.

1 Like

I’ll use Mears Connect too. We think seeing the other resorts is fun and I don’t find the bus crowded at all. You literally have your own seat. If I had to stand in the aisle that would be a different story. I don’t use Ride Share, it’s literally getting into a stranger’s car which i was taught my whole life to never do. I can’t shake that feeling of impending doom now just because an app tells me it’s okay. :joy: So I’m very glad there are options for people who like to travel different ways.

3 Likes

I remember on my first trip in 2005 smears offered a similar service (per person) and a cab saved us a lot of money.

So Disney cutting DME has cost you $150? Ouch. That’s awful.

1 Like

That’s good to know, I can’t actually book it because my flights aren’t on sale yet but I will be doing as long as it’s not $300!

So did anyone who signed up to get an email about this actually get one? Because I didn’t.

1 Like

Nope.

Nope!

Oh I’m fibbing. I just checked my email and I got one 30 mins ago.

1 Like

You made me check too, it was in my junk folder, from 1:30pm today. :joy:

1 Like

Hmm I don’t remember which email I used to sign up so I checked all of them and I don’t have it in spam or anything.
(I have emails for specific uses, like one for marketing, one for business, one for family, etc. I have like 8 different emails, lol!)

Same time.

1 Like

When I put in my info the prelimary total showed $300 but when I clicked to the next page it showed that price breakdown for standard ($32 RT) and deluxe ($200 for up to 4 people). Not sure what the $300 thing was about.

1 Like