Mears Connect from MCO

Agree. Baggage claim is a purgatory I would give almost anything to avoid.

5 Likes

Looking back on the trips to Disney, I gotta say, the Luggage/Airport Checkin Service is likely what sold me on Disney more than most things. Disney is fun and all that, but if getting there ends up being a choreā€¦ I ainā€™t likely to keep doing it. I avoid the grocery store (yā€™knowā€¦where they keep FOOD) if itā€™s a pain to get to.

The whole thing had a luxurious and premium feel to it. I can honestly say that without the MDE and all the extras (all being included), I likely wouldnā€™t have bought in as much as I have with Disney.

Soā€¦ good job, Chapek for ruining that. I am unlikely the only one up until now that truly valued that service to a point where I preferred Disney to other destinations, and would have unlikely been the only one going forward too. But, it does open the doors for other services to fill a very large void.

This Sunshine one looks very promising. If they, or mears, or anyone can end up mirrioring the feel of MDE, complete with Luggage in my room later (though probably need for Covid to stop being a pain for that one) and somehow workout Airport Check in at the hotels, they will undoubtedly get my business.

And I got decades on my DVC contracts yetā€¦ soā€¦ my money is waiting for you, come get it.

10 Likes

Itā€™s nothing compared to the hell that is getting through immigration.

2 Likes

My condolences.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the wall, right? It stops everyone :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep agree!

We are excited to return mostly because our last trip was soooo easy in 2018.

I donā€™t think our trip will be that easy, unless more stuff returns. Luggage was a big one!

2 Likes

100% agree with all of that. It was the easiest and best vacation value for years running. Now much of that is gone and little of the blame is due to the pandemic. Even the limited dining menus isnā€™t totally bc of supply chain issues. They had already dumbed down all the resort qs menus to standard fare long before covid existed.

My friends and I have been trying to plan a girls trip and it is so much work with so many moving pieces and frankly too many options that itā€™s not fun and more of a chore as you said. Disney used to be the easy choice.

3 Likes

I agree. This was a big part of what kept me coming back. It was always so easy. Everything was taken care of once I checked my bag in PHL. Also, the airline check in from the resorts. Just needed MDE to the airport and go right to the gate.

I am not happy with everything that has been taken away but I still go. There will be a tipping point, not sure what it is or when it will happen but I am so afraid of it coming. DW and I have a lot of places other than Disney yet to see, if enough of what I love about Disney is taken away I will lessen my trips.

6 Likes

Unless the Fab 4 are there. :rofl:

4 Likes

Well yeah, then I am there

4 Likes

This.

And this is why I think so many of us are so intensely passionate about the way things are going. We love DISNEY. We hate what ā€œtheyā€ are doing to it.

4 Likes

Yes, this

2 Likes

I hear ya. And Iā€™m guessing you and the several others here who own DVC might be even more concerned, given the huge commitment youā€™ve made where you rightly expect certain standards to remain in place (not that one canā€™t bank or rent out some points to give it some time, or even sell contract, etc. but you know what I mean). We all love Disney so much, it can get a little worse around the edges and weā€™ll still love it, but yeah itā€™s also fair for all of us to have a tipping point.

5 Likes

Largely there is concern on that level.

On the other hand, though, there is comfort in knowing that the biggest chunk of the budget for any visit we make (accommodations) is already paid for. So Chapek and Dā€™Amaro be damned, our vacations will still cost us less than they otherwise would have.

3 Likes

Great point. As long as your points charts and dues increases stay reasonable enough, itā€™s good to have that comfort.

Hoping Daddy Warbucks and Tight Jeans can figure out some of the issues, or at least have the desire to.

1 Like

This is the only thing that will really grow and change. Points charts shift but mildly

2 Likes

Sadly, Iā€™m already there.

I have fun when Iā€™m at the parks, but once homeā€¦the ā€œgood feelingā€™s gone.ā€ And with all the hoops I need to go through just to get back? The urge is just gone. And itā€™s not just on the disney side either where the problem is. Parking and Flights at PHL are a huge contributing factor. Itā€™s quoted as nearly $200 for a WEEK to park at PHL anymore (thereā€™s deals to be had, sure, butā€¦again: hoops) And then flights ā€“ which may or may not be changed/delayed/cancelled last minute? Barf.

After this next trip, if it happens, I honestly donā€™t see me gearing up for another for a while(famous last words as they are). For example, I didnā€™t even jump on the AP discounts for Spring (and my AP expires in July, which, BTW, I hate that it doesnā€™t revolve around reactivating time vs initial buy in time. Cause you canā€™t use your AP benefits anywhere but ON PROPERTY.) Now that thereā€™s no discount for DVC for AP, only for renewal (and itā€™s not even that impressive), Iā€™m thinking of letting it lapse. The only concern is they keep turning off APs (how the f are they even allowed to do that without the board immediately calling for someoneā€™s head?) So my fear is if I suddenly DO want to goā€¦will I be able to get an AP?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this. As someone that travels a lot, I get it the whole airport thing. But it is not exclusive to Disney, itā€™s like that no matter where you are going. I have had to really cut back on my international travel, it is even more of a hassle.

This is one of the contributing factors for me to still go to Disney as often as I do. Once traveling abroad gets easier I will be at Disney less (same for me, famous last words)

I am just hoping that we are at the low point now and maybe some things will be coming back in some way.

3 Likes

From your lips to, well SOMEONES ears!

3 Likes

Which is why I went to the trouble of getting Global Entry. I havenā€™t used it at MCO yet, but I used it at Toronto and it enabled me to cut two big lines. And, of course, it comes with TSA Pre-check, which is another big time saver.

Wonā€™t be any use to me in December, though, as Iā€™ll be travelling with normies.