Mears Connect from MCO

Well… but it’s not a lot different from when it was DME actually

Guests were always advised to allow a minimum of 2hrs from wheels down to resort drop off when using DME. This timeline, while not expedient for a lot of people, is right in line with that kind of timing.

3 Likes

Based on what I’m hearing I’m sticking with my existing plan. Bus to resort, Uber to airport.

5 Likes

That is true; but they need to change the language to say that you will be on your way in 20 minutes though.

1 Like

Well yes, that’s indeed true.

Yes, of course it depends on the day and time but I think uber is in the $40 range

Return trip experience. Got picked up at 2:42 for a 2:40 reservation at POFQ. Made a stop at POR and we are on our way to the airport.

12 Likes

Just showed your Spacex pic to DP and he’s giddy with excitement.

1 Like

One thing you can do if you want more or less than 3 hours from pick-up to your flight’s departure is to give a different flight number that leaves ~3 hours after you want to be picked up.

2 Likes

That is a good suggestion and I will probably do this next trip. Wanted to see how it all panned out this time first.

2 Likes

So… can anyone just pick any resort as their pickup location now that it’s not connected to your hotel resort reservation now? Just thinking this will be a game changer for me if that’s true.

3 Likes

Yes, you choose which resort you want to go to when you make the reservation. There is no resort confirmation number needed or asked for.

4 Likes

:exploding_head: my trips just got a lot cheaper. Thanks!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the luggage factor - you’ll need to get your luggage to that other location somehow (assuming you’re not doing more than a backpack or similar.

Yeah I was thinking like in December I ubered with my luggage to CR for a few hours in MK before my S71 lunch and then Ubered to the airport. I’ve done similar with Trattoria at BW. Also if I’m staying offsite I would sometimes Uber to a WDW hotel, check my bag and head to a park for a few hours before ubering to my offsite hotel. This would dramatically decrease the cost of those trips if I could take MC to and from any WDW.

I guess that would be substantially less than an uber to the airport would be!

3 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to the rollout of the Sunshine Flyer service. Just from a platform perspective, SF is much more user friendly to book people on. I like that they are guaranteeing no more than a 20 minute wait from check in to departure and no more than an hour on a bus. And they told me on the phone that they hope to have luggage service like the old ME by July!

11 Likes

I like this update! Thanks for sharing! I had kind of forgotten about them and need to put them on my radar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish to know more… :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Thats all they told me, believe me i want to know more also!!

2 Likes

If they start a luggage service they have my business. Nothing worse then listening to you children whine about rolling their own luggage through the airport and then drop stuff every 5 ft in the most dramatic fashion because they just “cant do it; its too heavy”. I miss the luggage service the most. :pensive:

8 Likes