Master and Apprentice: A Disneyland Trip Report

Today is the day! DW and I are taking an evening flight to John Wayne for a weekend at Disneyland.

Backstory: A few weeks ago, my wife’s cousin called us and asked if we would go with him, his girlfriend, and mom to Disneyland to show them around. They know we are Masters at Disneyland touring! Now we can show them how it is done. (Hence the title of this thread.)

Not much to report until this evening when we head to the airport. I’ll be posting at least somewhat live. It will be my first time using Genie+ (and probably ILL).

Buckle up if you’d like to follow along!

32 Likes

Yay!!

3 Likes

I’m clunked and clicked :+1:t2::laughing:

Safe travels @Jeff_AZ. Hope you have a great time.

6 Likes

So excited!!! Hoping everything goes smoothly!!!

4 Likes

May the Force be with you.

5 Likes

15 Likes

I hope you have an amazing time! I’m sure you will. Will we be getting at-home pics of the cute kids? That’s what I want to know! :joy:

4 Likes

Have fun playing tour guide!

3 Likes

Yay! Have a fantastic time!

2 Likes

Awe man! We had to cancel and won’t be there. One of the people we were going with had a unexpected death in their family. We are rescheduling for the fall. Have all the fun!

2 Likes

I may sneak in one or two of those. :wink:

Sorry to hear that! We will run into you someday, I’m sure. :heart:

4 Likes

First pics of the trip report: my view out of my office window as I finish up my work before heading home to get ready for departure.

This is Camelback Mountain.

All week, the forecast has been for rain tomorrow. But this morning it cleared up! :pray:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

16 Likes

Your office has a lovely view!

5 Likes

Nice view!

5 Likes

Have a great time!! I’m going to be reading along and taking notes - it’s looking more and more likely that DH and I will be in CA in October for a wedding and you know if I’m traveling completely across the country I’m going to DL. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I can hardly wait to follow along! I need a DL couch trip.

3 Likes

Made it through security and just waiting for our flight! Slight delay, but we should be in Orange County 2 hours from now.

Phoenix Sky Harbor is known as “America’s Friendliest Airport.” I don’t know if that’s true, but it is a pleasant airport compared to others I’ve been to. The Sky Train is kinda cool and has good views of the desert around us.

In this pic you can see another view of Camelback Mountain, the same mountain from my earlier pic from my office. Also visible to the right are reddish brown hills called the Papagos.

We had a very meh dinner of street tacos. Hopefully everything else on this trip tastes better as a result of suffering through this.

14 Likes

Gosh! I haven’t been there in over 7 years. When did they do the sky train? I really enjoyed living there (1996-97).

My sister is a flight attendant. I will ask her if it is the friendliest airport :wink:

2 Likes

Probably about 7 years ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(I’m legitimately curious what your sister says btw.)

We’re now on our plane waiting to depart!

19 Likes

14 Likes